Sen. Blake Stephens has officially filed Senate Bill 7 - year-round Daylight Saving Time (DST).

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@TedKennedy that’s about what I figured. Big man hiding behind a keyboard.
Are you suggesting I’m hiding from you? Seriously dude, it’s the internet.
Do you think any good can come of you calling someone out that you don’t know?
Electronic words are just as important as feelings, thoughts and prayers. If you get so worked up over some thread on the computer that it causes you to make those kinds of decisions you might want to take a break.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do understand a few reasons some people have for changing the time, such as the smaller school children who may walk to school for example, I uspect that number is fairly low. What percentage of the total Oklahoma population would be negatively affected if the time stayed one way or the other? How about just adjusting the school hours during the winter months to start later and let the rest of our world not have to keep fiddiling with our clocks every 6 months.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you suggesting I’m hiding from you? Seriously dude, it’s the internet.
Do you think any good can come of you calling someone out that you don’t know?
Electronic words are just as important as feelings, thoughts and prayers. If you get so worked up over some thread on the computer that it causes you to make those kinds of decisions you might want to take a break.
Ok hoss, I’m done responding to this. You can go back to making jokes about dead kids. You’re a class act!

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like street lights would add more safety than changing the time if the concern is kids. I recall several weeks seeing kids in the pitch black before sunrise waiting on busses. Is it not dangerous until the first Sunday in november?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like street lights would add more safety than changing the time if the concern is kids. I recall several weeks seeing kids in the pitch black before sunrise waiting on busses. Is it not dangerous until the first Sunday in november?
Copper thieves keep the streets dark in Tulsa.

dabigboy

Marksman
Reaction score
I'm all for DST, but then I'm not a morning person. Darkness by 5:20 this time of year definitely cuts into my biking/exercise, flying, going out, playing with my RC stuff, cruising in my Z car, etc. Definitely don't want to get stuck on 'standard' time, I love getting done with work 4+ hours before sunset in the summer.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm all for DST, but then I'm not a morning person. Darkness by 5:20 this time of year definitely cuts into my biking/exercise, flying, going out, playing with my RC stuff, cruising in my Z car, etc. Definitely don't want to get stuck on 'standard' time, I love getting done with work 4+ hours before sunset in the summer.
Just be careful of those precious little darlings in the street when you drive that Z car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom