1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sen. Cornyn, With NRA Blessing, Proposes Gun Background Checks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TenBears, Aug 5, 2015.

1. POSITIVE DISCONTENT

POSITIVE DISCONTENT Sharpshooter

Nope. Tired of them whittling away at our rights and putting more hoops to jump through. Firearms are a right not a privilege.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

2. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

NRA needs to hear from those who are opposed to their support of the legislation.

3. mtncharlie1968

mtncharlie1968 New to the site!

Only if they are between individuals, one of which had to have gone through the background check when they initially bought the item through a licensed dealer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

4. henschman

henschman Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I would personally like to see the 4473/background check requirement eliminated. Aside from being a prior restraint on a right, it is extremely overbroad. It puts a burden on millions of people who aren't going to commit any violent crimes just to try to stop a tiny percent who are.

And then there is the issue that the categories of "prohibited persons" are themselves overbroad... for instance, the vast majority of convicted felons do not go on to commit violent crimes with a firearm, and in the first place, most of them are convicted of nonviolent, even victimless crimes. These are people who tend to be in demographics making them much more likely than most to themselves be victims of violent crime. I don't think it is right to deprive these people of their right to self defense/right to live for the rest of their lives.

And then there is the "fox guarding the henhouse" aspect to consider. The 2A is a check against governmental power. It exists to ensure the people's ability to revolt. In this light, it makes no sense to put the government in charge of who can and can't buy weapons.

5. AMT7

AMT7 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Finally, as several here I am sure of also apreciate, thank you so much for stating this so aptly. A man of true wisdom and understanding, so rare these days. You, Sir, I would be honored and consider it a privilege to meet.

6. twoguns?

twoguns? Sharpshooter

"Actually, many psychologist do just that...restore healthy, loving, and caring relationships in families and communities"
    Only if all involved are willing to work on the issues
    Its just as easy to show the work being done, and still be crazy as a Frued
    And the more involved in "the system" , the easier it is to do

And the accessibility of a professional, especially in smaller areas, would complicate it even more

7. YukonGlocker

YukonGlocker Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I disagree, and have plenty of evidence to the contrary. Rarely are absolutes (e.g., "all" in this case) necessary.

Are you trying to use outliers to describe what is normal? Or, are you trying to say something else?

We manage to care for the physical health of people in rural areas, and we can definitely do better at managing psychological health in the same areas. I don't see this issue as an obstacle as much as one of values and priority.

8. AMT7

AMT7 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The wet paper linch pin and foundation of the entire "House of Psychological" dianog...principles and process being built on the assumption of their being no truth(s) is where that house of cards and huge straw man falls during any time of flood, trials & testing. Humanistic Psychology from its own top minds produces itself the harshest critics within the very most respected analysis concur that its practices and application is not a end or cure....Begging the required question of: So what is? This may or will be endlessly debated until society crumbles and we are enslaved unless we discover a couple things by putting our pride down and search for the one answer:
    It is not in mans hands but The Lord God Almighty and his Word of Truth. All the answers are there even to happiness in severe circumstances like Job.
    People break many of Gods principals & laws far before breaking mans. Internal breakdown of hardening of concience then self control comes far before peer influences or outside action based laws are broken. The battle is not with these liberals or idiot, ratings, money, power hungry agenda driven twisters of fact we can see as parrotts. The battle is with and begins with inside every one of us and does not end until it encompases things beyond measurement out of our influence of the immediate that easily, I can not explain, such as powers, principalities, and the like that affect or dupe the ones that are trying to seemingly, some sneakily, or incrementally strangle and suppress the ability of law abiders from self defense and preservation of the little that is good here that is left and distract from our far greater mission to:
    Protect the defenseless, and advocating for the rights of widos and those who can not defend themselves. This is the true way of doing right not all this useless wrestling with politicians posturing & human institutions too easily corrupted.
    Go out and do the right thing!
    Your good examples will spread like wildfire and wrongdoers will be shamed back to the corners and shadows where they belong.
    Nuff Said.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

9. saltydog

saltydog Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I guess this doesn't apply to the millions of private gun sales happening all the time? :bigeye: Stolen guns? Home made guns? any other gun?

More stupid laws:nolike:

10. twoguns?

twoguns? Sharpshooter

Current wife could use some help( she suffers with LUPUS and other debilitating health issues, causing some self worth issues)...1-2 hour drive to get to help....she doesn't drive any more

I personally know the effects of counseling, and the flaws therein , I have many friends that are involved in the care area

I'll agree there is some good in it, taking the rights of people isn't one of them, too much room for human error