Senate Bill 275:prohibit tax monies for the funding of lobbying for gun control legislation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for info on this bill or history behind it?
As I recall, the primary, but not only, culprit is David Boren. He allegedly used tax payer funds to lobby against pro-gun bills.
Are you sure it was David Boren or Dan Boren? David is is head of University of Oklahoma and a former politician. Dan was in congress but out now. He was pro-gun democrat that was (and is) an avid hunter.
Haven't seen him in a long time but will ask next time i run into him.
He was a very conservative Democrat.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you sure it was David Boren or Dan Boren? David is is head of University of Oklahoma and a former politician. Dan was in congress but out now. He was pro-gun democrat that was (and is) an avid hunter.
Haven't seen him in a long time but will ask next time i run into him.
He was a very conservative Democrat.
OU president David Boren. He's a Bloomberg Everytown guy.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another article on David Boren and State Sen. Nathan Dahm's Senate Bill 65(tax money and lobbying for gun control legislation).

http://newsok.com/article/5534927
Oklahoma Senate bill targets city, school gun critics
by Dale Denwalt Published: January 20, 2017 12:00 AM CDT

“We haven't really seen a big push from lobbyists or from public entities hiring lobbyists to go after free speech rights,” he said. “We haven't seen them go after religious rights. We've seen and experienced them going after gun rights; whether it's from education or local governments or law enforcement, they've used taxpayer monies to advocate prohibiting peoples' right to keep and bear arms.”

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you mentioned David B. I thought you might be talking about Dan B.. I assumed you were talking about the introduction of bills and neither would have the authority to author bills only support privately.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170228/oklahoma-house-committee-to-hear-bill-to-prevent-the-use-of-taxpayer-money-to-lobby-for-gun-control
Oklahoma: House Committee to Hear Bill to Prevent the Use of Taxpayer Money to Lobby for Gun Control
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2017

"Tomorrow, the House Public Safety Committee is scheduled to consider House Bill 1803. Sponsored by state Representative Sean Roberts, HB 1803 is the House version of the previously reported Senate Bill 386. HB 1803 would prohibit the use of public tax monies for the funding of lobbying efforts for gun control legislation.

Oklahoma residents do not pay taxes so that local elected officials can use it to push their own anti-gun political agenda. NRA members and Second Amendment supporters are encouraged to contact members of the House Public Safety Committee in SUPPORT of House Bill 1803."

Latest posts

Top Bottom