Senate Bill 910, Velvet Antler Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yall are missing some good hunting time. Our season opens Sept 1st in Delaware. I've taken velvet bucks. Honestly, they are way easier to pattern cause it's bedding and food sources. Don't get me wrong, I've been on stand in 100 degree weather and thought this is crazy. And yeah, the mosquitoes. But I preferred it over dove hunting and usually had the farm to my self for the dove hunters. If this passes, Ill be getting after it. I saw something mentioned about a wounded buck counting. I'm not sure that's going to be enforceable.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven’t studied all the verbiage in this bill other than what was posted, but I believe the last statement “to create another revenue stream” is more than likely the driving force. I know there’s a bunch of guys on this board that are opposed to out of state hunters and think the license revenue doesn’t matter, but based on that last statement, I’m going to step out on what I think is a pretty solid limb and say the license revenue definitely matters to your state politicians.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Velvet antlers don't do much for me, but I also don't understand the heat and wasted meat concerns. Native Americans and settlers didn't just kill buffalo, elk and deer and small game when it was cool/cold out lol. They needed to eat from April to October also.
This is true. And whoever that stupid colonizer was that decided refrigeration, food safety and modern medicine were improvements is obviously only trying to impose their hateful ways of life on others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven’t studied all the verbiage in this bill other than what was posted, but I believe the last statement “to create another revenue stream” is more than likely the driving force. I know there’s a bunch of guys on this board that are opposed to out of state hunters and think the license revenue doesn’t matter, but based on that last statement, I’m going to step out on what I think is a pretty solid limb and say the license revenue definitely matters to your state politicians.

That was the first thing that stepped out to me. Just another revenue stream. Got to make up all the lost $$$ from the failure of MJ.

Latest posts

Top Bottom