Senate Bill 910, Velvet Antler Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Oklahoma, all license fees go directly to the ODW. The politicians hate that fact as they can’t get their grubby hands on any of it.
The ODW recieves 0$ from the state legislature. All the funding comes from license fees, donations, and tax rebates from the Pittman-Robertson Act.
With mention of creating another revenue stream, maybe not all your politicians realize how the system works. :scratch:

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t read anything about it other than hear in this thread, but I’m against it. But I do believe they could be doing it for the revenue.

Where I live there’s a guy who not only has a high fence operation but he also hunts his families owned/leased land, which is his right to do. He floods all the owned/leased land with out of state hunters who pay to use his services.

Us locals are sick to death of this crap and I da_ _ sure don’t want to lose any more of our local deer herd to another one of his fricking hunters, it’s bad enough during regular season to put up with it.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liken it to the holiday antlerless. I've hunted public land for that week for years and have yet to see another hunter. If people don't want to go because it's hot, bugs, snakes, whatever, then don't go. I don't think we need a velvet season, the season should start near the end of August or beginning of September and just run through January or February. It's not like somebody is gonna kill more than the limit anyway.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Professional athletes use it. According to rumors the supplement derived from deer velvet makes your dick bigger, gives you multi day erections, boosts your libido, increases muscle growth, and helps with weight loss.
My dogs are going to be pissed when I am chewing on the latest set of antlers and not sharing.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A. Why not make year round then, and just kill all the deer off and get it over with?
B. Does the velvet dry up or stink and rot?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume there is a way to preserve the velvet otherwise it's going to dry up and fall off. I don't think we need any more deer seasons. Half the idiots around here hunt them yr round and don't check any in unless they have to.
Yes, the velvet can be preserved, and it’s my understanding you have to get the antlers frozen pretty quick.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With mention of creating another revenue stream, maybe not all your politicians realize how the system works. :scratch:
I may be confused.
But I thought the part about creating another revenue stream was for landowners who lease their property to hunters????
Maybe they think they can get some more $$ out of hunters if the deer season runs for longer??? I dunno.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may be confused.
But I thought the part about creating another revenue stream was for landowners who lease their property to hunters????
Maybe they think they can get some more $$ out of hunters if the deer season runs for longer??? I dunno.
If I was a betting man, I would say the idea is to make it another license to buy for the early velvet season, and for me, it would be an additional $300. :finger:

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the ticks are sucking the blood money right out of the sportsman. When taking hunter safety classes, ethics are a part of the course. How do they view their own decision if they "fallow deer god" thru on this? Is this just to start a new record book catagory and to sell tags for those anxious to see an asterisk by their name? How about a piebald season? And an antlered doe season?

Latest posts

Top Bottom