Senate Bill 910, Velvet Antler Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thoughts?
Screenshot_20230310_071535_Facebook.jpg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy stock in Thermocel lol. Bear hunters up north will have to compete with us for Thermocel supplies haha. I'm not sure, the velvet racks don't do much for me.
Only rack I care about isn't on a deer.

I guess some guys are into trophies, but another downside I see to this is meat spoilage. I skip quite a few days in early October for that very reason. I carry a giant ice chest, and can quarter a deer pdq, but still... if something doesn't work out just right, the meat is gonna spoil.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the wording I've seen is weird and needs to be cleaned up. One specific item is that and deer wounded during this season counts toward the 2 buck limit (alot of people should practice more and take more ethical shots anyway). I imagine a lot more immature bucks would be killed for the novelty of taking a velvet buck, initially. That would probably lessen over the years.

Doing this only on private land (to start with) will drive lease prices even higher and more guides will pop up as people target Oklahoma for velvet hunts.

Even though this is rolling through, ODWC would still have to create the season and regulations surrounding it.

I would likely participate, cussing the entire time i was getting a sunburn in the stand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom