Senate Republicans Block Tax Cut Plan that Leaves Out High Earners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The democrats are firing their last lame duck shots to destroy our Republic's economy before they are gone in January.It's pathetic but expected.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i meant as the should have blocked it. everyone deserves it not everyone but the rich. the top 10% of earners pay 90% of the taxes already.and harry reid aint on my team

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"It seems to me that about the best way to reduce the deficit is not to give $300 billion dollars of tax breaks to the 315,000 Americans whose income is over $1 million dollars." Schumer said. "It's not that we want to punish wealthy people. We want to praise them. But they're doing fine."

It seems to me, those that make over a million dollars a year have the same right to their money that I have to mine.

It seems to me, the easiest way to reduce the deficit is for those morons to quit spending our money!

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's stuff like this that causes me to be more conservative. If only Republicans were not trying to put plaintiffs' lawyers out of business...(sigh)

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thread HiJack! Sorry but I just couldn't resist:

Not sure what your comment means, but as it would definitely increase my taxes, I am all for them extending the tax cuts. I think it is stupid that just because I was smart enough, and worked hard enough to earn good money, I should be taxed at a much higher percentage.

But its not stupid to give those same dollars that you were
smart enough and worked hard enough to earn to
people who have no legal right to be here but suck those same dollars you earned out of the US Treasury like a porta potty maintenance guy sucks fecal matter out of the sump.

I hate to change the subject - but JB - there's a fundamental disconnect here between what you just said and what you've stated to be your position in the past.

Maybe you think what our masters are stealing now is fair but it won't be fair if they steal more. As a conscientious, law abiding citizen who cares equally for alll be they good or bad, legal or illegal shouldn't you be happy to pay more of your income to the government so they can help all the down trodden just looking for a better place to live?

Man - I'm sooooooo confused.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Both sides of the fence are worried as to where their next raise is coming from. I saw enough of this in the military, when they would not pass a pay raise for us or only give us scraps, and then vote in a high pay raise for themselves. As far as I feel on it, they should only be paid for the hours they actually work, have to spend their money for their election campains, and only be allowed to serve two terms.

As to the IRS, yes we should have a fixed national sales tax, and no income tax, and less applied towards SS, and it to be locked so that those in power can't put their hands on our money. SS is a joke, if you make enough money to pay off your benefits in less than one year, your still not going to get back what you pay into it. SS max's out at 5K a year, so if you max out in a six month period, SS stops being taken out, and regardless of what you put in, you'll only get so much when your old enough to draw.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both sides of the fence are worried as to where their next raise is coming from. I saw enough of this in the military, when they would not pass a pay raise for us or only give us scraps, and then vote in a high pay raise for themselves. As far as I feel on it, they should only be paid for the hours they actually work, have to spend their money for their election campains, and only be allowed to serve two terms.

As to the IRS, yes we should have a fixed national sales tax, and no income tax, and less applied towards SS, and it to be locked so that those in power can't put their hands on our money. SS is a joke, if you make enough money to pay off your benefits in less than one year, your still not going to get back what you pay into it. SS max's out at 5K a year, so if you max out in a six month period, SS stops being taken out, and regardless of what you put in, you'll only get so much when your old enough to draw.

Thanks for sharing....your right on track! IMO

Now our old folks won't see a cola for 2 years running....wassup with that?

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing that bothers me about a National Sales Tax is the idiots we have in DC would be trying to increase it every time we turned around. Add the Fed Sales tax to the state, city, and county sales taxes we already pay, and theoretically you could be looking at anywhere from 15-40% total tax bill on your items depending on what the congresscritters set the Fed tax at.

Now if they were to pass a flat income tax below 10% for everyone in the country, with no exceptions, and a national sales tax below 5% that might work. Provided that the sales tax law has a provision in it that would prohibit congress from making any increase without a national vote of the people. Vote by vote, no electoral college crap.

yeah, I know, it will never happen.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To me it just boils down to what is fair..........tax cuts for all, not just a few............and no, I'm not in that 250K bracket. Better yet, I'm a proponent of the "Fair Tax"...............and it would end all of this cr** (and the IRS) , and EVERYONE would pay their share..............................

The Fair Tax is great! I hope more people would read about it and push the legislature to look and pass it!

It would be so good for our country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom