senior supplemental health insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I just received letters from Community Care that they are dropping everyone in Rogers county. Don't know why and guess it doesn't really matter. I'm 73 and the wife is 66, thankfully both of us are pretty healthy, on no high dollar drugs but still need to see a doctor once in a while.

This really leaves us up in the air about what to do about supplemental insurance. We must have a few seniors on here.. What do you have and would you recommend it?

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For us younger members please share some wisdom of what kept you healthy?
Genetics we both smoke, go through a case of beer every couple days and eat allot of fast food. Ill fix myself a bowl of frosted mini whets and add a couple spoons full of sugar because I like sweets. Has to be genetics..

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are a veteran, sign up with USAA. Wife and I are on Medicare and have USAA's supplemental plans - her on Plan F and me on Plan N.

By the way, USAA is great in many ways. We do our banking through them as well, and with being full time RV'ers, it takes ALL the hassle out of banking.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the late '90's, my understanding was that USAA was only for active and retired officers. But, back in 2010, we ordered our RV after getting a pre-approval from a local bank to finance it. We didn't know it at the time, but the pre-approval was only for 60 days and it took longer for our RV to be built. When it arrived, we found out that the local bank was not going to even consider another application from us. The dealer asked me if I was with USAA, and I told him that I hadn't been an officer. He told me to check, and that is when I found out that USAA would accept any veteran, regardless of rank. I applied for membership about 9:00 am and by 11:00 am, we were approved for a loan for our RV.

So, with regards to USAA, I'm a newb.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All medicare supplement plan are the same
Example Plan F is the same coverage with all companys
The only difference is your monthly payment amount.
AARP had the best rates when I signed up

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Wife and I just received letters from Community Care that they are dropping everyone in Rogers county. Don't know why and guess it doesn't really matter. I'm 73 and the wife is 66, thankfully both of us are pretty healthy, on no high dollar drugs but still need to see a doctor once in a while

Just pay cash; most docs have 3 different price plans; cash, insurance and Medicare.
Be sure to ask for the $CASH$ price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom