September Eat and Shoot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are coming up on the Eat and Shoot at Ponca this Saturday.
Weather looks to be good. Start on one of the pistol bays with lots of falling steel, and move to one of the rifle ranges that have shade covers. No tents required. Group choice to go to the 50 yd, 100 yd, or 300 yd.
Shotgun offer to shoot clays still stands if anybody is interested.
I'm working on another club member to assist if he can get off work.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be bringing pistols and rifles, and the family.

I'm debating about shotgun, but I think we'll have enough crap to haul with multiple firearms and calibers, etc. And I don't have a good shotgun for that, I don't think - most of mine are HD-configured. My only autoloader is limited to 3 shots, and I think it's a 24" barrel. Hell, I don't think I've fired it in years - if at all? lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have a Browning OU Citori, Rem 1100, and maybe a Side by side for someone that wants to try it.
Clay shooting is only one shot, or maybe two if you want to try and pick up a miss. Your autoloader is fine, or use mine.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The old man isn't coming but I will be there. I'm not planning on shooting much but I will bring the AC556 and some ammo for tRidiot's kiddo to try out. Anyone else who wants to shoot it will get the same deal as before. Bring as much ammo as you want to shoot. No handloads or remanned stuff. Has to be factory ammo, please. Thanks.

I also have a trunk full of paper targets (the playing card ones) so any one who want to do a challenge and "play some cards" are welcome to hang them up and go to town.

@}BuLL What time are you leaving? Bringing the Mrs.? Wanna caravan up?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahh, I wasn't aware of that. My club shoots a ton of clays, trap, skeet, whatever... I haven't ever gone out and watched, so I don't know what all they do, honestly.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Annie, I don't mind bringing ammo at all. You sure don't have to support my family's ammo habit, I know how that stuff can get out of hand REALLY quick! lol Don't worry, I've got plenty of retail 5.56. I'm sure Ian's going to be giddy - I haven't told him yet. You know how it is, as soon as you get their hopes up, something happens - you can't come, I can't come, someone gets sick or whatever ends up getting in the way - even Mother Nature.

But I'm definitely looking forward to it! I will be videotaping Ian's first time with the giggle switch active!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Me and the kid are shooting in a sporting clays tournament tomorrow. Everyone have fun and eat some bbq and burnt ends for us!

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The old man isn't coming but I will be there. I'm not planning on shooting much but I will bring the AC556 and some ammo for tRidiot's kiddo to try out. Anyone else who wants to shoot it will get the same deal as before. Bring as much ammo as you want to shoot. No handloads or remanned stuff. Has to be factory ammo, please. Thanks.

I also have a trunk full of paper targets (the playing card ones) so any one who want to do a challenge and "play some cards" are welcome to hang them up and go to town.

@}BuLL What time are you leaving? Bringing the Mrs.? Wanna caravan up?
Sounds great! Unfortunately she has prior obligations, so it will just be me. I was thinking about leaving Edmond ~7:15. Definitely up for a caravan, or even car-pool if you want.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Annie, I don't mind bringing ammo at all. You sure don't have to support my family's ammo habit, I know how that stuff can get out of hand REALLY quick! lol Don't worry, I've got plenty of retail 5.56. I'm sure Ian's going to be giddy - I haven't told him yet. You know how it is, as soon as you get their hopes up, something happens - you can't come, I can't come, someone gets sick or whatever ends up getting in the way - even Mother Nature.

But I'm definitely looking forward to it! I will be videotaping Ian's first time with the giggle switch active!

Haha! Yep, I hear ya but the mags are already loaded and I don't want to take all those bullets back out! :hey3: You can shoot .223 in it also. That's what I have loaded in it. I can hardly wait, too. It is SO MUCH FUN to see a kid's face light up!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom