Sergeant Major Munition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I just heard about this ammunition produced by Tulammo. Has anyone here tried it?

https://sergeantmajormunition.com/products
https://battlehawkarmory.com/product/tula-.223-remington-55gr-fmj-1000rd-case-1?gd
1642018634211.png

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't shot that, but I used to shoot Silver Bear zinc plated steel case ammo through my AR and had zero issues with it. The only reason I stopped buying it was because I moved to OK where I could shoot at a range that didn't require .223 to be hollow or soft point (I couldn't find a range in Texas that allowed FMJ). It sucks that the current price for this steel case stuff is about what the price for brass case stuff was before the world went to h8ll in a handbasket, but I might actually give it a try.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I haven't shot that, but I used to shoot Silver Bear zinc plated steel case ammo through my AR and had zero issues with it. The only reason I stopped buying it was because I moved to OK where I could shoot at a range that didn't require .223 to be hollow or soft point (I couldn't find a range in Texas that allowed FMJ). It sucks that the current price for this steel case stuff is about what the price for brass case stuff was before the world went to h8ll in a handbasket, but I might actually give it a try.

what ever happened to the bears? I used to buy silver bear all the time. Haven’t seen it in years.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what ever happened to the bears? I used to buy silver bear all the time. Haven’t seen it in years.
I'm not sure what happened to it. I haven't looked for it in a while, but just now I looked around and no one seems to have Brown or Silver Bear available. I really liked the zinc plated steel cases. They were a lot more confidence inspiring than the lacquer coated steel that you typically find.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL...my brain read that "Sergeant Major Malfunction" for nearly a minute, and I was thinking about what kind of idiot they let in the marketing department.

Then again, maybe my mistake is more accurate...

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened to it. I haven't looked for it in a while, but just now I looked around and no one seems to have Brown or Silver Bear available. I really liked the zinc plated steel cases. They were a lot more confidence inspiring than the lacquer coated steel that you typically find.

silver bear was the first ammo I bought when I built my first AR-15. Good memories.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went shooting with my brother once, he had an FEG PA-63 and three boxes of Silver Bear ammo. We shot a couple of mags through it, it jammed a couple of times, and he said no way he could ever trust it, he didn't want it, so he gave it to me. Right before we left the range, he asked if I wanted to shoot it again, I thought about it but said nah... I'm ready to go home.

So I thought maybe a good cleaning would help the jamming issue. I found a bullet stuck in the barrel. Neither of us noticed anything unusual at any point in shooting it, but for whatever reason, apparently the last shot didn't clear the barrel.

So I've always made sure when shooting the Silver Bear ammo that is left that I see the result of a bullet strike downrange before firing again. I've taken it apart to look in the barrel a couple of times before firing just to be certain.

mn_danger

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sounds like a good way to wreck a perfectly good AR. I appreciate you posting your experience.
I went shooting with my brother once, he had an FEG PA-63 and three boxes of Silver Bear ammo. We shot a couple of mags through it, it jammed a couple of times, and he said no way he could ever trust it, he didn't want it, so he gave it to me. Right before we left the range, he asked if I wanted to shoot it again, I thought about it but said nah... I'm ready to go home.

So I thought maybe a good cleaning would help the jamming issue. I found a bullet stuck in the barrel. Neither of us noticed anything unusual at any point in shooting it, but for whatever reason, apparently the last shot didn't clear the barrel.

So I've always made sure when shooting the Silver Bear ammo that is left that I see the result of a bullet strike downrange before firing again. I've taken it apart to look in the barrel a couple of times before firing just to be certain.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several cases of Golden Bear, Silver Bear and Brown Bear.

Never had any problems with any of it.

I shoot it when I am hunting and not picking up brass.

SportsmansGuide is where I bought most of it. (During the Odumbo years, I was buying a case a month). I have looked for it, since. Can't say if it is there or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom