Sergeant On Trial For Calling Soldier Fat, Touching Hair and..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A female SFC in our own Army is facing a Courts Martial for (1) Calling a Soldier fat (2) Touching another Soldier's hair and (3) Pointing an unloaded pistol at another Soldier.
All veterans should be outraged at this article, not that the SFC is facing a Courts Martial but she actually touched someone's hair and called another fat! Can you imagine the pansies we are training in our military, PC abounds! Pointing an unloaded pistol is stupid and ranks as amateurish but even that doesn't warrant a Courts Martial. Perhaps her Commander and the First Sgt doesn't like her, poor performance ROAD Sgt (Retired On Active Duty). But the entire saga is costly and is dumb plus, will affect her permanently is she is reduced in rank.
Sergeant on Trial on Charges Related to Allegedly Calling Soldier Fat

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading the article it sounds like some of the stuff where I worked at. None of it resulted in official complaints, but we were advised to adhere to the hostile workplace policies and the consequences if they were violated.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If she had chosen the non-judicial punishment, what would that punishment have been? Would it have looked better than the court martial? It seems like a given that you don't go around waving guns at people.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Non-judicial punishment would also given her a record, at one time it wouldn't but they changed the rules. Her Commander would be the one that would render the appropriate punishment. It wasn't pointing the gun alone, it was all the actions that supposedly warranted a Courts Martial. But touching the hair of another Soldier or saying that someone is fat? I've seen and heard that comment while I was in the military and no one said a word. Apparently one cannot even touch another Soldier or military member for fear of being charged. I've seen a Colonel jab/poke an NCO in the stomach and tell the NCO he was fat and there was no place in the unit for him. Personally, I liked the old military where boys were made into men and they took the razzing that came their way without complaint.
As I said in the opening post, maybe they don't like her for some reason.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not military, though I have a great respect for those who serve/served.

However... IMO there is absolutely no excuse for pointing a weapon at someone on purpose (whether loaded or not), when the pointer is obviously not threatend.

I would kick anyone that did so to the curb without reservation. And without remorse.

Just my two cents. YMMV. :drunk2:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That’s outrageous, they probably have glitter throwing now instead of grenades. When I was in USMC boot camp in 1975 it was a rare day when we weren’t cussed at and prayed we lived until the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pointing the gun may be the main thing they have against her and just threw the other stuff in to make sure something sticks.
Probably. The article states "the government doesn't care if SFC Barbarosa thought she was being funny" when she was clowning around at the range.

The government doesn't have a sense of humor like in the old days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom