Serious matter in my life right now, i need some car restoration help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Nova. Rob says it runs pretty good.
it runs alright! Cant see my mullet in this pic though..

i1091.photobucket.com_albums_i391_PUMPKIN598_DSC_0600.jpg

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
so, here it is. 2/3/12. friday. today was the day he promised to have the car turn key completed, ready for us to drive out of his shop and back home. this was the latest deadline he gave us for completion and it was declared almost two weeks ago... naturally i am setting here typing this because in fact, the car is not completed .... . in fact the paint yet again is still not even completed. i mean two weeks ago when this deadline was made, my folks told him "to hell with the custom lettering in the c stripe. if this is whats holding you up form working on the car, just clear coat the damn thing and call it good. we can live without it saying "king 351" !"

and yet. the paint still sets the same way its have been since.... before x-mas.... sad. i am simply dissapointed. i have stopped going down there. and have vowed to never step foot in his shop again unless it is necessary to retrieve the car or its parts; because we had words long ago.

my folks report that the seats are in, the carpet is in, but i did not hear if the carpet is completely in or just in enough to get the seats in...

the air condition/heating plenum is still not in it, thus the passenger side dash is still not in it.

sounds like the spoiler and louvers are painted and on it, but it does not sound like the radiator is seated, and the a/c compresser is installed fully let nor is any of the plumbing ran on the engine. and the front of the car still needs to be clear coated.... sounds like the headliner is in it.. but just with clips, still not finalized.

they said the drivers side dash has been taken apart, and the gauges taken out, and the steering wheel removed as well. which is news since it was never touched before nor was it mentioned that we were doing anything with it... i guess he sanded and painted the steeringwheel column. and from the sound of it, it looks great. but was not expected and while it would have been a kind gesture of something we would have overlooked.. we are kind of past that when for the last 2 months we have been screaming at them to just freaking work on the damn car and get it back to us... as in... if the car was not now..... over 2 months past due.

but my father being the kind patient man, and who likes what he has seen him working on this week, "its sad that its not done yet again, but everything he has worked this last couple days looks outstanding, and at least hes done something this week...." has decided to give him until next friday to finish the car before he gets his lawyer involved.

we discovered just how seriously this guy is going to piss us off this last week. i decided to call up floyds on 31s and 169 to inquire what it would cost to have them finish the paint, seeing as how i was upset that we had to break down and give up on the custom lettering we wanted... and the fact as it was explained to me is that "we better get him to finish the paint on that car, anything else can be done by any other monkey with a wrench, but with all the products and techniques out there for paint, having a half painted car is simply not something anyone else is going to be willing to finish; without stripping and redoing it themselves" which in a nut shell will mean another 5-8k to get a completed paintjob from anyone else...

so the way we see it is if we have to pull the car, he owes us a refund to the price of having it painted, at the very least, if not more, for it still being in pieces.

but here is me hopeing that this will not come to terms, as i am praying the car is finished no later than next friday.

and as soon as the car is completed, or we pick it up, i will be talking to a mod about deleting this thread, so i can re-write a proper emotionless review including the name of this company.

i want to make sure before i say his name, that every thing i say is fair, 100% accurate, and backed up with fact. while part of me wants to destroy this guys business, i will not be held liable for slander, hes simply not worth it. and as the son of a business man, his business and workers will get a fair emotionless/rant-less review. i can guarantee it will not be favorable.... but it will be fair. we are simply long past the chance of it being a place i would dare recommend anyone to ever use, regardless of how good the car looks in the end.

thanks for all the support and reading my wall-o-text posts.

p.s i found a guy that can make the stencle for the graphics. so we will be having him measure and print them up for the car monday, at least one ray of sun to be seen for it being yet another week late, is that we just might get out custom lettering afterall.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so, here it is. 2/3/12. friday. today was the day he promised to have the car turn key completed, ready for us to drive out of his shop and back home. this was the latest deadline he gave us for completion and it was declared almost two weeks ago... naturally i am setting here typing this because in fact, the car is not completed .... . in fact the paint yet again is still not even completed. i mean two weeks ago when this deadline was made, my folks told him "to hell with the custom lettering in the c stripe. if this is whats holding you up form working on the car, just clear coat the damn thing and call it good. we can live without it saying "king 351" !"

and yet. the paint still sets the same way its have been since.... before x-mas.... sad. i am simply dissapointed. i have stopped going down there. and have vowed to never step foot in his shop again unless it is necessary to retrieve the car or its parts; because we had words long ago.

my folks report that the seats are in, the carpet is in, but i did not hear if the carpet is completely in or just in enough to get the seats in...

the air condition/heating plenum is still not in it, thus the passenger side dash is still not in it.

sounds like the spoiler and louvers are painted and on it, but it does not sound like the radiator is seated, and the a/c compresser is installed fully let nor is any of the plumbing ran on the engine. and the front of the car still needs to be clear coated.... sounds like the headliner is in it.. but just with clips, still not finalized.

they said the drivers side dash has been taken apart, and the gauges taken out, and the steering wheel removed as well. which is news since it was never touched before nor was it mentioned that we were doing anything with it... i guess he sanded and painted the steeringwheel column. and from the sound of it, it looks great. but was not expected and while it would have been a kind gesture of something we would have overlooked.. we are kind of past that when for the last 2 months we have been screaming at them to just freaking work on the damn car and get it back to us... as in... if the car was not now..... over 2 months past due.

but my father being the kind patient man, and who likes what he has seen him working on this week, "its sad that its not done yet again, but everything he has worked this last couple days looks outstanding, and at least hes done something this week...." has decided to give him until next friday to finish the car before he gets his lawyer involved.

we discovered just how seriously this guy is going to piss us off this last week. i decided to call up floyds on 31s and 169 to inquire what it would cost to have them finish the paint, seeing as how i was upset that we had to break down and give up on the custom lettering we wanted... and the fact as it was explained to me is that "we better get him to finish the paint on that car, anything else can be done by any other monkey with a wrench, but with all the products and techniques out there for paint, having a half painted car is simply not something anyone else is going to be willing to finish; without stripping and redoing it themselves" which in a nut shell will mean another 5-8k to get a completed paintjob from anyone else...

so the way we see it is if we have to pull the car, he owes us a refund to the price of having it painted, at the very least, if not more, for it still being in pieces.

but here is me hopeing that this will not come to terms, as i am praying the car is finished no later than next friday.

and as soon as the car is completed, or we pick it up, i will be talking to a mod about deleting this thread, so i can re-write a proper emotionless review including the name of this company.

i want to make sure before i say his name, that every thing i say is fair, 100% accurate, and backed up with fact. while part of me wants to destroy this guys business, i will not be held liable for slander, hes simply not worth it. and as the son of a business man, his business and workers will get a fair emotionless/rant-less review. i can guarantee it will not be favorable.... but it will be fair. we are simply long past the chance of it being a place i would dare recommend anyone to ever use, regardless of how good the car looks in the end.

thanks for all the support and reading my wall-o-text posts.

p.s i found a guy that can make the stencle for the graphics. so we will be having him measure and print them up for the car monday, at least one ray of sun to be seen for it being yet another week late, is that we just might get out custom lettering afterall.

Wow Robert, you guys have been more patient that I ever could have mustered. Wish you the best in getting anything finished, but I'm still not holding my breath.

I personally can't wait to find out the name of the shop so I can make sure I never set foot in there.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drives me crazy and its not even my stang!!

Good luck Robert, I hope its finished or very close when you get it away from them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom