Service call fees are crazy rant!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not just the charge but also the attitude of the person in their front office prompting me to look at other shops.
I'm betting that this rant wouldn't have happened if she had politely talked with you about the service charge instead of going off like a vial of nitro that had been sitting in the sun all day. You would've understood, and would've just paid it and moved on with your life like a reasonable person.

It's usually not the problem that causes trouble, it's how the customer service reps respond to it. Maybe she was having a bad day, or maybe she's just bad at customer service, but her attitude certainly did nothing to make the situation better.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a service plan on our aerobic system. Have had it for the past 5-10 years since we moved in here. Pre-Covid it was $75 and usually didn’t get charged for any small parts replaced.
It’s $175 visit now. I’m thinking it’s time to shop around.
Aerobic systems are from the devil . . . I'd rather double or triple the length of lateral lines than have to deal with one.

Definitely won't be something we have in our next home.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a service plan on our aerobic system. Have had it for the past 5-10 years since we moved in here. Pre-Covid it was $75 and usually didn’t get charged for any small parts replaced.
It’s $175 visit now. I’m thinking it’s time to shop around.
took care of mine for almost 10 years never had to do anything except replace a sprinkler head had the first stage tank pumped clean once really wasn't much sediment in it!

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20 years ago I was working HVAC. If you called for a service tech and changed your mind while I was in route, it was $45 for me just showing up. Even if I never even looked at your ac.

Didn't matter if I drove 100 miles or 1 mile.

If I actually did look at your ac, it was service call plus time spent on it.

I once drove 100 miles to turn a gas shutoff on.

But yes I know it sux and a lot of times I hated giving the bill to the customer. Cause I sure wasn't getting much of that money I was having to charge.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I now have the expertise of the tech for adjusting the default settings! :)
But I do agree about her attitude. No reason to be mean to customers. All can be explained in rational ways. And on a unrelated note. I know a Russ out Tuttle way that Loves to fix up old cars and trucks. Would that be you? I need to talk to him about some "stuff"

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But I do agree about her attitude. No reason to be mean to customers. All can be explained in rational ways. And on a unrelated note. I know a Russ out Tuttle way that Loves to fix up old cars and trucks. Would that be you? I need to talk to him about some "stuff"
Just chalking it up to having a bad day. More folks seem to have bad days vs good days. Unfortunately, must be a different Russ in Tuttle - not me.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having been self employed for almost 25 years and trying to make ends meet, I don’t know how places can only charge $100 service calls and make any money.

Bad customer service seems to be an epidemic in today’s business climate, and I really can’t figure out why. My Grandfather always told me it doesn’t cost anything to be nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom