Setting up a Trust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that some places that sell suppressors with a high level of service will walk you through the process of setting up your trust so it gets done right and doesn't take any longer or cost any more than it has to.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You still have a stamp. It's a Trust vs. Individual filing. The trust allows you to skip the CLEO sign off, finger prints, and passport photos.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what are the pros and cons of a trust vs. stamp? I have a suppressor already with a stamp, so I know that process.
You can put your best friend in the trust instead of your Obama supporting, metrosexual brother that way if you don't come out of ICU next time, your toys won't go to a Democrat.

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brandon Benson with Machine Guns Plus in Piedmont set my trust up when I bought my suppressor. Only cost me $35 for him to set it up. I can now put anything else I purchase in it from now on.

firewire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know attorney vs DIY has been discussed in other threads, but I just found this DIY today that looks more interesting the any other I have seen.

http://www.doityourselfdocuments.com/Estateplanning/Trust/nfaTrust.aspx

I found a coupon for 10% off ($26.95 after discount the word "winter" without quotes). Much better than that Maryland Trust floating around. It has a lot to it and has Oklahoma inserted where needed. Plus a sample version and what to do. As well as a PDF and Word version.

The following documents are included in this NFA Firearms Trust Package:
1. THE JOHN SAMPLE NFA FIREARMS TRUST (with Schedule “A”);
2. Certification of Trust;
3. Bank instruction letter;
4. Appointment of Co-Trustee;
5. Resignation of Co-Trustee;
6. Bill of Sale;
7. Transfer Instructions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom