Shade Tree or similar community garages in/around Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to remember some shade tree mechanics shops in/around OKC some years ago where you could rent a lift to do auto repairs. Is there anything like that in/around Tulsa. I need to replace the A/C compressor and condenser/dryer on my wife’s car. I have all the tools, aside from a recovery/reclaimer for the refrigerant. Or does anyone know of a shop that will recover the refrigerant and vacuum/recharge it after I R&R the parts? The one shop I’ve called so far won’t do that due to warranty issues, which I understand.

I am the type of person that I hate paying for something I can do, but may have my hands tied on this one.

Thanks in advance!

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did the compressor, condenser and drier on an RX a few years ago. Somehow mine was completely discharged prior to working on it. I guess it had a leak. So, I got a harbor freight vacuum pump that runs on compressed air and a set of gauges. Worked great and was still cheaper, and handier than the garage.

As for a place renting bays, don't know of any.

Good luck!

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did the compressor, condenser and drier on an RX a few years ago. Somehow mine was completely discharged prior to working on it. I guess it had a leak. So, I got a harbor freight vacuum pump that runs on compressed air and a set of gauges. Worked great and was still cheaper, and handier than the garage.

As for a place renting bays, don't know of any.

Good luck!

I’m mostly concerned with recovering the refrigerant. I know it is still full, and don’t want it to magically just open…

I would prefer to do the work in my garage if I can just get the refrigerant out and then a recharge. Just need to find someone who will do that.

Thanks! The compressor should be any easy swap on her car.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Install your own lift?????

Attachments

• IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom