Shadow Systems MR 920

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
So I keep seeing the one listed in the classified and it peaks my interest. Has anyone shot one and what makes it any better than a Glock 19?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I keep seeing the one listed in the classified and it peaks my interest. Has anyone shot one and what makes it any better than a Glock 19?

I almost got one but I just could not get over the authenticity of a glock...I saw some vids of guys who had to send their guns back to shadow systems for jamming and I've never had to do that with a glock. They said that the company stood behind and solved the issue but they had to replace various parts before the issue was solved. The gun is "what a glock should be from the factory" as far as features and feel...but I just could not get over the fact that I've been happy with the real thing and money is scarce. Whoever gets that gun in the classifieds is getting a good deal though! It's probably fine.

dogboy13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a MR920 and a CR920 that I carry and shoot over my glocks. They just fit my hand better and I haven’t had any problems but like all man made mechanical devices there will be issues. Just think of the complaints you hear of how many have no issues.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
dogboy13, I totally agree. I have the MR and CR along with a 43 and 48. I probably will never carry the Glocks ever again. My Shadows have been flawless and group amazingly.

1stPersonSafety

Marksman
Reaction score
I have one and have 500+ rounds through it. It came with a weak recoil spring, and I had four malfunctions during the 200-round specified break-in period. Those malfunctions were all failures to feed. Shadow Systems sent me a new recoil spring. Since then, I have had three more malfunctions. All three were first round from a magazine from slide lock when using the Magpul Pmags that ship with the pistol. I have not had any such issues when using Glock mags, but that sample is small comparatively.

The only real plus of the pistol is the optic mounting system. If you don't intend to mount an optic and want a better trigger and grip than a Glock, buy a CZ P10.