Shameless Plug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, y'all! My wife, Peggy, is current President of the Enid Writer's Club, the oldest writing club in the State of Oklahoma. The club turned 100 years old on January 6th of this year. Today, Galen Culver was in Enid for the unveiling of a plaque that will hang in the Marshall Building on the campus of the old Phillips University. The club was founded by a Phillips University professor at that time. Galen filmed the unveiling and also 'followed' some of the members/writers for an insight into their writing 'spaces.' The story is supposed to air tomorrow (Friday, January 27th) at 5:00PM on Galen's segment "Is This A Great State, Or What?" You might want to give it a watch tomorrow if, for no other reason, to marvel at how far above my station I married! (Follow me for more relationship tips.)

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes and No. The Enid Writer's Club is an independent club, but they are affiliated with Oklahoma Writer's Federation, Inc. (OWFI). Enid Writer's Club was one of the founding members of OWFI.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW - This plaque is a one-of-a-kind 'sculpted' by an Oklahoma artist. It's clay, created by Nancy Russel who lives in Woods County. Her husband is also an accomplished author. She is an amazing artist and did a beautiful job on this thing. It is, truly, a piece of art in every sense of the word.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, y'all! My wife, Peggy, is current President of the Enid Writer's Club, the oldest writing club in the State of Oklahoma. The club turned 100 years old on January 6th of this year. Today, Galen Culver was in Enid for the unveiling of a plaque that will hang in the Marshall Building on the campus of the old Phillips University. The club was founded by a Phillips University professor at that time. Galen filmed the unveiling and also 'followed' some of the members/writers for an insight into their writing 'spaces.' The story is supposed to air tomorrow (Friday, January 27th) at 5:00PM on Galen's segment "Is This A Great State, Or What?" You might want to give it a watch tomorrow if, for no other reason, to marvel at how far above my station I married! (Follow me for more relationship tips.)
For those that need to know, Channel 4 KFOR News.

Latest posts

Top Bottom