Shampoo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So with the world going to hell in a hand basket ( I really don’t get the meaning; my father used to say this ALL THE TIME, never through to ask him, what it meant, I just nodded, and said "Yes Sir!") So I figured I would ask the question! -- "What do you use to shampoo your hair?"

The reason I am asking, I went to Wal-Mart Tuesday and bought my usual supply of Prell (3 bottles) ran out last week. It is kind of hard to find, it is usually buried in the rows of shampoos and conditioner. I once asked a Customer Service Associate at Wal-Mart where the Prell was located -- She asked me, “Do they still make that stuff?"

Been using this stuff since I left home for Army Basic Training in 1978 ( was $.88 a bottle then, now it up to $2.97 today) It was the cheapest stuff you could buy.

I have used it to wash a dog (Someone named the dog Tailrotor -- We had a big sign at the Petroleum Helicopter, Intracoastal City, Louisiana Base -- "Beware of Tailrotor”). The dog later ran away.

Probably can wash your dishes or car with it -- It sure doesn’t promote hair growth!

Inquiring Mind want to Know -- Not Really !!!!!!

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a lad, another grownup told my dad that the world was going to hell in a hand basket.
My dad replied, "No it's not, because they're too damn sorry to carry the hand basket."

To reply to OP's question:
Years ago frugality and poor cash flow both set upon me at the same time.
Little did I know it but I became a trend setter, I was way ahead of my time.
Looking for something commonly available and CHEAP to wash my hair, I stumbled upon the idea of SHOWER GEL.
Long before I heard of anybody else using SHOWER GEL, I was buying bottles of the old, regular Dawn dish detergent and since it lathers like all get out, it took very little Dawn to wash my thick, luxurious hair and the rest of me too.
A big old bottle of the stuff, back then, was under $1 and lasted a long time.
And to me personally, as a side benefit, there was virtually no smell from the stuff, unlike a lot of the perfumey shampoo crap.

(Let me be clear: This was regular old Dawn, not the new, super powerful, Ultra Concentrated Dawn, straight from Satan's hands to Walmart's shelves, that Proctor & Gamble sells today.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom