Sharp edges on polymer guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So just got my shield in, and am waiting on the holster, but noticed that under the trigger guard, molding line on backstrap, around the rear trigger pin hole, and a few other places, I have some sharp edges. I do run a high grip, and some of the places wont be a problem once I put some traction grips on it. I do plan on taking a little of the edges left with some emery cloth maybe? Will I end up with discoloration from the sanding? Anything I can do to blend those areas back in with the rest of the gun? Thinking of a polish job, and some ameriglo I-dots, and leaving it at that since this is just really for gym short carry. Was hard to pass up with the $75 rebate.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My son just got a shield and we noticed the same thing. We got on youtube and looked at some of the mods for polymer guns. The best sources were the vids for the under cut for glocks. They used 600 grit emery cloth wrapped around a sharpie or dowel rod to smooth it up.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son just got a shield and we noticed the same thing. We got on youtube and looked at some of the mods for polymer guns. The best sources were the vids for the under cut for glocks. They used 600 grit emery cloth wrapped around a sharpie or dowel rod to smooth it up.

So far, that's my only dislike. Trigger is livable, but I'll probably change that up eventually. Couldn't justify the price difference for the 43. I debated on the TLR6 but don't like lasers, and more weight/bulk really defeats the purpose of this gun. If I have to wear a belt to support it, I'll be carrying my P07 anyways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom