Sharpening knives.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother had one of these when I was a kid and it would put the razor edge on a knife.
s-l640.jpg

Looks like what you have but more wheels on it.
https://www.ebay.com/p/1837707867?i...MIyfiu5tzY5gIVj4bACh1z8AcJEAQYASABEgKGdPD_BwE
MY pops still has one of those in his kitchen drawer, wooden handle with most of the red paint gone.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyway, I needed something to get me over the minimum order dollar amount to qualify for free shipping with Amazon and I had been seeing several positive reviews on the Rada knife sharpener so I figured what the heck and ordered one to be used mainly for kitchen knives......it works great, just a few passes through the Rada followed up with a few passes through my old Edgemaker and kitchen knives can easily shave the hair off my arm.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001692XPE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 149665

We bought the Rada sharpener over a year ago. Like you said, it will certainly put an edge on the kitchen knives.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found the washer type sharpeners really take a lot of material off a blade. maybe the blades I used were too hard or too soft
Some blades would get chunks removed from them.. small but noticable.\
I found out last year the Dexter knives like the 6" boning is pretty hard and they do not recommend using a steel on those blades.
I agree as I put a Dexter against my Victorinox during a session of processing a steer.
The Dexter went dull 2x faster than the Victorinox.
Could be the way we sharpened them with the steel.

A now X brother-in-law that was a meat cutter gave me a Forschner steel and Forschner Victorinox 6" boning knife 29 years ago.

I still use it today and never needed anything but the steel taken to it. It has lost a lot of the blade depth but continues to process deer and fish and other critters as needed.
Want a great kitchen knife or processing knife look at the Victorinox knives.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mother had one of these when I was a kid and it would put the razor edge on a knife.
s-l640.jpg

Looks like what you have but more wheels on it.
I have my mother's. It's identical save for a wood handle. It'll turn a butter knife into a killer with enough elbow grease

Latest posts

Top Bottom