She’s About There Savage MK II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent a little time dialing in my new Savage MK II FV-SR and I believe I’m about there. 😉 Now all I need to do is practice practice practice. It’s been too long since I’ve spent any consistent time at the range and it shows. Somehow I managed to do pretty good although I was shaky, my eyes kept going wonky and my breathing sucked. Shot this at 50 yards sitting at a table resting the rifle on a backpack (some may like that info). Ammunition was CCI 22LR Suppressor Small Game and the rifle appears to like it pretty alright.
3B5915F5-EB52-470E-89AC-1D9A0CED7C8D.jpeg
AF1CAB7B-F425-477C-925C-84B06D5EBD0F.jpeg
1915D1B2-43D5-4B41-A4A8-40016FBE408A.jpeg

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I almost always shoot CCI SV in my FV-SR, suppressed or not it shots dime size holes at 50 yards. Love that gun till it gets dirty and doesn’t want to pull the round out of the chamber

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My FV-SR loves Fiocchi 22FHPSUB (40gr HP subsonic). It will shoot all rounds covered fully by a quarter at 50 yards, for as many rounds as you have the patience to throw into that empty hole. :)

I did have to ditch that flimsy factory stock. A laminated Boyd's Rimfire Hunter stock with DIP bottom metal kit balanced it out superbly, with no more hollow feel. :)

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did have to ditch that flimsy factory stock. A laminated Boyd's Rimfire Hunter stock with DIP bottom metal kit balanced it out superbly, with no more hollow feel. :)
I was wanting to get it a Boyd’s but if I recall correctly I couldn’t find one for my particular rifle. Seems they only had them for a bull-barrel. Maybe I should give them a call.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wanting to get it a Boyd’s but if I recall correctly I couldn’t find one for my particular rifle. Seems they only had them for a bull-barrel. Maybe I should give them a call.
The FV-SR is simply a "tacticool" Savage MKII with a bull barrel. That means any stock they have for a MKII bull barrel will fit.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product-configurator

Latest posts

Top Bottom