Shed organization ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Been busy getting my shed in order finally after almost a year of having it. It’s a double loft design which is handy for storing totes that don’t come down very often. I built some shelf’s today inside to take care of a few items that seemed to just stay on the floor and in my way but now I need some ideas on storing the garden tools like shovels, rakes, post hole diggers, etc… I also think my Toro push mower folds up to where I can actually hang it on the wall, anyone else have a push mower that does that, not sure if that’s healthy for the motor or not… Anyways if y’all don’t mind, post your shed organization tricks! I need ideas!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also think my Toro push mower folds up to where I can actually hang it on the wall, anyone else have a push mower that does that, not sure if that’s healthy for the motor or not...
If it's a 4-cycle, make sure the cylinder is not pointed downward so crankcase oil won't seep into the cylinder. Probably not a great idea on a 2-cycle either unless the tank is empty.

Also... you can drill a hole in wooden shovel/rake/etc. handles and hang 'em on finishing nails if you have something to put nails in.

Luck.
___

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No shed here either. 30X40 insulated with propane or wood heat that is soon to be air conditioned with ceiling fans. Real man cave, summer temps in there are brutal.
For the OP, see if you can find some industrial shelving or some of the heavy duty ones from Lowes that are what I call medium duty compared to real industrial shelving. They will hold lots of weight that a homeowner will likely never surpass.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been busy getting my shed in order finally after almost a year of having it. It’s a double loft design which is handy for storing totes that don’t come down very often. I built some shelf’s today inside to take care of a few items that seemed to just stay on the floor and in my way but now I need some ideas on storing the garden tools like shovels, rakes, post hole diggers, etc… I also think my Toro push mower folds up to where I can actually hang it on the wall, anyone else have a push mower that does that, not sure if that’s healthy for the motor or not… Anyways if y’all don’t mind, post your shed organization tricks! I need ideas!
I found that the organization of my little work shop was constantly evolving. So I started over and put French cleats on all the walls. That way I can move anything to any where without drilling a hole or pounding a nail. Plus storage space was limited so putting stuff on shelves anywhere on the walls doubled the ability to store things. Now I can quickly make a shelf or bracket with a clear on the back to hold anything. 840D9250-21CF-4BFA-B6F8-77EA3FCD9CF4.jpegThis is the corner dedicated to reloading stuff.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Build a lean to on the side of the shed to keep the mower and yard tools in.

i would but the shed is in my second driveway on the side of my home (front yard essentially-not fenced) and there’s been a bunch of thieving around lately.

Shed stays locked up well. Anything inside that’s worth stealing is also locked up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom