Shelter in place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Lowes, Walmart etc should be smarter than that and have already issued limits on purchase for essential goods, and a special 65+/disabled patrons only period in the morning, so that the less able members of our society have an opportunity to stock up without competing with the younger crowd.

We should close the state borders to non-essential traffic.

I was reading earlier where those that are well to do and had the means fled NYC during the last couple of weeks. Both to other parts of NY state and other states as well. I can't remember the city they mentioned but their airport was having trouble with parking areas for private planes that had flooded the city, all from the NYC area.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was reading earlier where those that are well to do and had the means fled NYC during the last couple of weeks. Both to other parts of NY state and other states as well. I can't remember the city they mentioned but their airport was having trouble with parking areas for private planes that had flooded the city, all from the NYC area.

if we're going to isolate this virus, we have to prevent intrastate travel imo

who knows how many of those folks had either mild symptons or were asymptomatic. It's selfish.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Haven’t been anywhere except Dr office in 16 days. Unless you have to go to work there is no reason to go out. I’ve had groceries and restaurant food delivered. To go out unnecessarily is selfish and and inconsiderate of others. We either have a shelter in place order or we don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven’t been anywhere except Dr office in 16 days. Unless you have to go to work there is no reason to go out. I’ve had groceries and restaurant food delivered. To go out unnecessarily is selfish and and inconsiderate of others. We either have a shelter in place order or we don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
who you using for restaurant deliveries in your area?

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about this little gem? Civil rights attorneys are getting rich these days...

Rhode Island police began stopping cars with New York plates Friday. On Saturday, the National Guard will help them conduct house-to-house searches to find people who traveled from New York and demand 14 days of self-quarantine.

“Right now we have a pinpointed risk,” Governor Gina Raimondo said. “That risk is called New York City.”

New York is the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S., on Friday reporting a total of 44,000 cases.

Rhode Island has just over 200, and it has begun an aggressive campaign to keep the virus out and New Yorkers contained, over objections from civil liberties advocates.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...BET3HFgcZWSYB4XzIb0c0YPxvpDHJCaM-NBCY8eaNOxoc

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read this morning that Rhode island intends to round them up and quarantine them

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IF, the gov was serious about this they would order all fast food & restaurants, bars, coffee shops etc closed. All shopping would be pick up at the curbside only. No out of state travel, except for the movement of groceries, cleaning supplies, medical items etc.

People would lose their ever living minds.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF, the gov was serious about this they would order all fast food & restaurants, bars, coffee shops etc closed. All shopping would be pick up at the curbside only. No out of state travel, except for the movement of groceries, cleaning supplies, medical items etc.

People would lose their ever living minds.

I contend that as long as the pot stores and liquor stores are open for business, then there IS NO QUARANTINE. If the sheeple had to endure what military folks have to endure during a deployment and enforcement of "General Order #1" there would be an uprising of epic proportions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom