Shelter in place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I contend that as long as the pot stores and liquor stores are open for business, then there IS NO QUARANTINE. If the sheeple had to endure what military folks have to endure during a deployment and enforcement of "General Order #1" there would be an uprising of epic proportions.
No kidding! They would vapor lock.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GrubHub. Hungry? Try Grubhub! Use my link on your first order and we’ll both get $5 off. https://www.grubhub.com/referral/14d1ee90-6a03-11ea-817d-bb3b0725d7cf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bad deal about these services is that they take a substantial cut from the restaurants. Some of the stores increase the prices (I am looking at you Chili's!) to make up for it, but with the fee being 15-20%, it's not a great deal for the restaurants. *If* you can, place your order directly with the store and go pick it up...the restaurants will realize a larger profit.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Bad deal about these services is that they take a substantial cut from the restaurants. Some of the stores increase the prices (I am looking at you Chili's!) to make up for it, but with the fee being 15-20%, it's not a great deal for the restaurants. *If* you can, place your order directly with the store and go pick it up...the restaurants will realize a larger profit.

Which defeats the whole stay at home plan. It’s a service and many restaurants would make less without it. Many restaurants charge $20 for something that might cost them $2 to make so it all works out in the end. Convenience along with supply and demand.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which defeats the whole stay at home plan. It’s a service and many restaurants would make less without it. Many restaurants charge $20 for something that might cost them $2 to make so it all works out in the end. Convenience along with supply and demand.

No doubt but I didn't say to go INSIDE the restaurant. Curb side pickup is an option with most places and comes with very little risk. I am not advocating NOT using these services, just wanted to let folks know that it costs restaurants extra money (that is pretty slim these days) to use 'em.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had to go by Wal-Mart in Edmond (I-35 & 15th) earlier today to pick up items for my mother and uncle....both I have told to not leave the house and that I would get them any little thing they need for the foreseeable future. It was the least busy I've ever seen it on a Saturday. I mean....there were still people there but nowhere near the typical Wally-World levels.

Heading home, I had to run to Home Depot to pick up an online order of stuff necessary to do repairs at mom's place. If I have to go out, I make the trip as quick as possible...online order - in & out. The southside HD (I-240 & Shields) was mobbed. People everywhere. I mean garden center, checkout, pro-desk.....all freaking as busy as I've seen it. Nuts. I didn't venture into the store past the entrance, but I could tell that there were people there just browsing...looking for some way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's just another option to consider. Particularly useful if you come down with the virus and you are too sick or just can't get out to go get curbside pick-up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom