Sheriff declares Logan County a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A list of Oklahoma sanctuary counties?
https://www.muskogeepolitico.com/20...QdRTUNDNxPOxgRahrSfLraJhO_oWPyTb77ruXUeHQ&m=1
94193917d1dbce70725254607e595d4f.jpg

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^Wow! Canadian county is in there, I hadn't heard about it. That's great!

Guess I don't have to worry about Bloomberg anymore..........ha, kidding.:blush:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It looks like Coal and Cotton counties are on the list now bringing the total to ten so far.

While I think this is definitely a good thing I also believe a lot of it has to do with reelection efforts in some cases.

I just wonder how much weight these declarations will carry if the DAs don't sign on or when state or federal law enforcement is involved.

Also if every LEO in the county isn't on board how will that be handled.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like Coal and Cotton counties are on the list now bringing the total to ten so far.

While I think this is definitely a good thing I also believe a lot of it has to do with reelection efforts in some cases.

I just wonder how much weight these declarations will carry if the DAs don't sign on or when state or federal law enforcement is involved.

Also if every LEO in the county isn't on board how will that be handled.
This is all for show. Just like the ones in Virginia. When the lobby day happened in Virginia over 20,000 citizens were illegally disarmed to be able to go inside the fenced off area on the Capitol grounds. None of the sheriffs did anything about it and neither did any of the other folks protesting. And the 20,000 that were disarmed just let it happen. This is the reality of how things go. People talk big but never back it up. And that’s why we are being disarmed. Talk is cheap. Backing it up costs a lot. Especially for a police officer. They aren’t gonna risk their pensions and benefits to stand up for the constitution. And you never see them do it. That ain’t gonna change no matter what happens.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is all for show. Just like the ones in Virginia. When the lobby day happened in Virginia over 20,000 citizens were illegally disarmed to be able to go inside the fenced off area on the Capitol grounds. None of the sheriffs did anything about it and neither did any of the other folks protesting. And the 20,000 that were disarmed just let it happen. This is the reality of how things go. People talk big but never back it up. And that’s why we are being disarmed. Talk is cheap. Backing it up costs a lot. Especially for a police officer. They aren’t gonna risk their pensions and benefits to stand up for the constitution. And you never see them do it. That ain’t gonna change no matter what happens.

My understanding was that only about 6000 actually went inside the fence. The rest that were still armed were just outside of the fence, so not all of those people were disarmed.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Political positions change, laws change, public attitudes change. Those of you wishing for another armed conflict style civil war are going to be very disappointed.

The battles are being waged at the ballot box, and the good citizens of Virginia were caught asleep. From the looks of the "protest" it appears that they are fully awake now, and so are a great many folks around the country.

By email, phone calls, letters, and personal visits, we make our positions known. When one of our elected representatives, no matter what level they are, we must support them if we truly want those changes to happen.

I prefer to live my life focused on all the positive things and folks I see every day.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s not an uninformed opinion. It’s a fact. Show me where in the constitution it’s says shall not be infringed “unless you’re a felon”. The fact is you can’t. Because it doesn’t say. Much the same as it doesn’t say anything about registering our firearms just because it has a stock and the barrel is less than 16 inches. Or that suppressors have to be registered. Our founders had just finished fighting a war against a tyrannical king who was trying to take their right to keep and bear arms away. Do you really think when they drafted the 2A they included the phrase “shall not be infringed” to mean unless, or if , or but? I can assure you they didn’t. My father in law is a felon. He was in prison for almost 10 years. He is so different from back when I was a kid. Yes I’ve known him that long. Long before I married his daughter. But, because of an unconstitutional “law” he is unable to defend himself because of something that happened in the early 80’s. It was for selling dope. But I don’t care what the person did they should still have the right to keep and bear arm. The 2A isn’t conditional upon being good. That is being uninformed.

I read a story or a person just the other day that he their son murdered just a few weeks ago. Even though this person lost their son, they still defended the killers right to keep and bear arms if they ever get out of prison. That is incredible. I guess we should take away all their other constitutionally protected rights too. The felons that are always gonna be bad will get a gun no matter what. Because we all know that criminals don’t follow the law. We can all agree that gun laws are NOT meant to keep us safe. They are made to control us. Making it where felons can’t have guns disarms a bunch of citizens. That is why that “law” was created.

This is the exact attitude the government wants us to have. Even within the 2A community we are divided. And that’s why we will fall. I came really close to being a felon myself several years ago because of drugs. I’m a Christian too. People that are felons aren’t all and people. They just made a big mistake. Which we all do. Now I agree murdering someone is very bad. But the fact of the matter is that according to our constitution, that person is still guaranteed ALL their rights afforded by the bill of rights and the constitution. It’s really sad how you can have this view. But I know your not the only one. But I stand by what I said in my first post.
Using that logic, people have a right to bear arms while they're in prison. After all, where in the constitution does it say 'unless you're in prison'? Cops don't have the right to disarm people they've arrested. After all, where in the constitution does it say 'unless you're in police custody'?

Either it's for EVERYONE or it's not a right. This seems to be the gist of your argument,

Do we have the right to life, liberty and property? Yes, we do. Can the government deprive us of these rights? Yes, they can, provided they also accord us due process. The clear implication from the fifth amendment is that we can be deprived of our rights under certain circumstances and among the rights is the right to arms.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Using that logic, people have a right to bear arms while they're in prison. After all, where in the constitution does it say 'unless you're in prison'? Cops don't have the right to disarm people they've arrested. After all, where in the constitution does it say 'unless you're in police custody'?

Either it's for EVERYONE or it's not a right. This seems to be the gist of your argument,

Do we have the right to life, liberty and property? Yes, we do. Can the government deprive us of these rights? Yes, they can, provided they also accord us due process. The clear implication from the fifth amendment is that we can be deprived of our rights under certain circumstances and among the rights is the right to arms.
IN case there is any doubt of what I said above, here is the text of the 5th Amendment, verbatim.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom