Sheriff sale remodel (pic heavy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got our sheriff sale confirmed yesterday for the house next door to us, and have already started tearing into it a bit. Its a small house, app 1000 sq ft, but came with 3 lots and a decent sized metal shop building. It hasn't been taken care of in 10 years probably, as the string of people that have lived there in that time period were not star citizens by any means. My kids have even asked why we bought the "crack shack" LOL.

We needed the parking space, plus neighbor control and the shop building will be a plus. My parents are going to move up from Louisiana once we get work done, and will be "renting" from us.

I took some "before" pictures of house and shop. The shop was completely nasty inside; shop door was broken, so we took it down, hoping to be able to repair it. House exterior is not bad, metal roof is only 10-12 years old. Inside, not very good though; lots of sheetrock work to be done/redone. Carpet is bad, and will need some wiring work.

We plan to do all/most of this work ourselves, and I'll be posting pictures/updates here along the way. If everyone gets tired of this thread, speak up and I'll delete...just thought this might be a way of keeping up with our progress, and some of yall could find it interesting as well...I might need some pointers and advice in the next few months as well!!

20220315_170507.jpg
20220315_170502.jpg
20220315_170455.jpg
20220315_170449.jpg
20220315_170441.jpg
20220315_170436.jpg
20220315_170428.jpg
20220315_170423.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice looking house way better than my crack house.
Keep an eye on craigslist and offer up like 2 times daily for free stuff like carpet.
I think i spent 60 total on carpet for my junker.
I got real wood floor taken out of a house built in the 60's for another 60.

You will be surprised how many Free fence panels are on there along with lumber/wood.

I tweaked the fence panels and made molding for doors and floors.
You can find free paint also.

Again your house looks like an easy fix very nice.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice looking house way better than my crack house.
Keep an eye on craigslist and offer up like 2 times daily for free stuff like carpet.
I think i spent 60 total on carpet for my junker.
I got real wood floor taken out of a house built in the 60's for another 60.

You will be surprised how many Free fence panels are on there along with lumber/wood.

I tweaked the fence panels and made molding for doors and floors.
You can find free paint also.

Again your house looks like an easy fix very nice.
Did I see you pulling a trailer with fence panels behind a 57 Chevy more door the other day?

Latest posts

Top Bottom