Shingles, Oh boy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never knew shingles could be so painful in locations other than the blistering site itself. Doctor said I have the classic symptoms and gave me an Rx for a dark blue horsepill to take three times a day. It will kill the virus in six to seven days. I'm off work on complete rest for a week, possibly two.

It takes 72 hours to incubate into shigles. I did not get the shots because I could not afford them at $300 a pop. and there were two of them pre covid. Then no one was open to give the shots, then they were $600 ea.

Get the shots! Doc said the shots, unlike COVID, are 95% effective at preventing Shingles and again reducing the severity if you get it.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks, link to chicken pox I hear. My big toe gets it for the last 30 years.
It reminds me to change my eating habits. Get well… my back is the issue with me.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks, link to chicken pox I hear. My big toe gets it for the last 30 years.
It reminds me to change my eating habits. Get well… my back is the issue with me.
You sure you aren't thinking gout on the big toe?

Had shingles when I was 17 or 18 on the side of my neck. Very painful and I vividly remember the blue horse pills! Luckily didn't spread towards my eyes. Hope you get feeling better.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eek! I hope this goes well for you. I don't have any personal experience with shingles, but for people I know have had it, it wasn't a 6-7 day deal. Maybe yours will work out quickly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom