Shingles, Oh boy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
we have the shingles vaccine at our pharmacy. $225 per shot if you don't have insurance and you do need 2
Does basic medicare pay for it? I was in the process of retiring and switching to Humana Medicare in those years I mentioned. Now also after I have gotten it, do I still need the shots? I forgot to ask the doc.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eek! I hope this goes well for you. I don't have any personal experience with shingles, but for people I know have had it, it wasn't a 6-7 day deal. Maybe yours will work out quickly.
The 6 to 7 day was just to kill the virus with the horsepills, not get over the pain and go back to work. That may be 1 to 6 weeks. I feel like Sonny Liston and Leon Spinks used me as a punching bag.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been told for years that i have shingles but they are internal with no rash just the painful burning and the doc for years have gave me a styroid pills to take for 7 days taking so many 1 st day and less each day after usually after the first day the pain has went done enough i can tolerate it and usually back to work, these have been reaccuring for nearly 30 years but has gotten less frequent as the years go by now about every 2 years they flair up, also been told that the external ones are a one time only so not sure on that.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had it a couple of years ago but it never presented with a rash. Left side, about half of my rib cage and back of my left side shoulder blade. Felt like I had carpet burn, and sand burrs stuck in my shirt. Can't imagine what it would be like with a fully, blistering rash. Took about 2 weeks to go away after my last dose of zovirax.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at Monolaurin & Lysine. Some people also take BHT but it is more controversial. I've never had shingles but my wife has...I'd probabyl take the BHT for a short time if I had it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom