Shoot what you carry, carry what you shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carefully measure the price at walmart. That's what I shoot at the range. I don't see this measurable difference in expensive match and Acme ammo when you're shooting at the range.
The ammo I have for my home, car or with is self defense rounds.
Better ammo will only mean better results when it counts. It will not improve your aim, grip or mechanics.
Just me and my opinion.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont mix and match ammo when I'm at the range. When I get ammo...its all the exact same stuff. I end up bulk filling a 50 cal can of common stuff to grab from on range day.
9mm is all Remington 115
45 is all Winchester 230
22 is all Federal Auto Match

I figure if you dont shoot all kinds of stuff, you better learn a type of ammo and how it shoots and you can be more consistent. Whether or not thats actual I couldnt tell ya...but it drives me crazy when we go to the range and my buddy shoots mix and match stuff :D

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont mix and match ammo when I'm at the range. When I get ammo...its all the exact same stuff. I end up bulk filling a 50 cal can of common stuff to grab from on range day.
9mm is all Remington 115
45 is all Winchester 230
22 is all Federal Auto Match

I figure if you dont shoot all kinds of stuff, you better learn a type of ammo and how it shoots and you can be more consistent. Whether or not thats actual I couldnt tell ya...but it drives me crazy when we go to the range and my buddy shoots mix and match stuff :D
I agree. I buy the stuff on sale, but I shoot only one flavor. If it's umc 115 grain. That's what I shoot and take enough of it. If it's 124 grain, that's what I shoot. Same with my AR/AK/Bolt and so on. I don't mix and match.
I know a guy that only shoots the best off the shelf, defense ammo and brags about how his guns have never shot the cheap stuff. He's also the same guy that's lucky to get on paper at 10 yards with a handgun and forget about it at a 100 with a rifle and scope.
But he's shooting the best.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a special Lego connector that allows me to connect two suppressors together for super quiet operation. Looking for some hi-cap banana clips to help with the balance.

Don't those require a tax stamp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom