Shooting at Midtown Tulsa Gas Station

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know Donald Gray,he was a customer at OPS.He did work for Okmulgee County Sheriff,he used to come in in uniform with other deputies.I suspect Sheriff Rice is doing damage control.He may not have completed the academy but he was hired. Steve

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know Donald Gray,he was a customer at OPS.He did work for Okmulgee County Sheriff,he used to come in in uniform with other deputies.I suspect Sheriff Rice is doing damage control.He may not have completed the academy but he was hired. Steve

A family friend who is the mayor of a small town told me that an agency can hire an officer and allow them to work for up to a year as they work on getting their CLEET certification. If this is true, that could very well explain his situation.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the back edge of adrenaline dump makes some people blabber and prattle

My goodness ...

Lessons learned so far:

1. Don't show anybody your gun and say "do you want some of this" because if you do the "one to the hip" rule is revoked instantly and deadly force can be applied.

2. If you are close enough to someone to have a "conversation" and clearly identify a gun shoved into a waistband and you have to fire 8 to 10 shots, YOU need to practice more.

3. Apparently you do not have to be a real JBT to arrest people.

4. I love OSA ...

In all seriousness, though, why do people TALK after a shooting?? Can someone explain the psychological process that says to a person, "Hey, Person, talk all you want to because nothing bad has ever come from someone saying too much to the media (or any authority figure, for that matter)."

I just don't get it.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe all the surprise about 8-10 shots either. I am thinking that emptying the magazine in a SD situation is a fairly normal reaction. Anyway, I see nothing wrong with the shoot. Nor do I see any diarrhea of the mouth, really.

Guess he wanted some of that.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care if he was a reserve deputy, former deputy or Joe Blow Citizen exercising his right to carry concealed. Sounds like he reacted properly to a dangerous and imminent threat.

Survey says!!!...Good guy: 1, Bad guy: 0. Just the way it should be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom