Shooting at Safety First Gun Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd suggest you just hunker down at home and amaze us all with your thoughtful internet posts.
It certainly wont be hard, you havent set the bar very high, Francis.
I'm sorry I pissed you off with a little light heartedness in light of the situation. I didnt know this guy, neither did you I'm guessing. Maybe he was a great person who just had terrible luck in life and he had enough or maybe he was a veteran with PTSD, we dont know. Never will but I wasnt disrespecting him or his family with my comment. They arent reading this and if they did and called me out, I'd apologize to them. I still think its a selfish act. I have lost 2 cousins to suicide, both had drug problems as well as the drama that goes with that. I felt sorry for them up until they decided to take the cowards way out instead of standing up like men and addressing their life as they had shaped it. So dont think for one second I havent delt with this myself before, Francis.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It didn't piss me off, I just thought it was stupid and insensitive. You got one guy that LOL'd so perhaps you should consider taking your comedy show on the road. The further the better. By the way Chase, my name is Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It didn't piss me off, I just thought it was stupid and insensitive. You got one guy that LOL'd so perhaps you should consider taking your comedy show on the road. The further the better. By the way Chase, my name is Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My name is Mike also, you must be a cool mofo.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="CHenry, post: 2889333, member: 6281"
I have lost 2 cousins to suicide, both had drug problems as well as the drama that goes with that. I felt sorry for them up until they decided to take the cowards way out instead of standing up like men and addressing their life as they had shaped it.[/QUOTE]

Personally I believe suicide is selfish, but I don't think there's much wrong with it being so. Someone who's done it has deep personal issues and did the only thing they thought was left to fix it, which means they couldn't rely on anybody else. If you're under the belief you've got no one, well there's only one person left to turn to... and he's not exactly level headed at the moment. Yeah, it's selfish, but that's because the problem was affecting one person alone. Or at least that's how it ended up being in his mind at the end.

I don't usually think it's cowardice (I think about it sometimes, lots of family) because that person's life has obviously spun out of his control to the point of him not knowing what else to do. In my personal mind, yeah it's stupid because I've got a grip of my life and am clear headed. To him though? I'd bet he felt like a burden to his family and even thought it was a favor at the time, dumb as it may seem, but it only took an instant of irrational thought to make it real.

Even though it's pretty idiotic, these guys still went through something rough and I'd still give my pity.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe suicide isn't selfish, but it's inconsiderate as hell to kill yourself in a grotesque manner, causing others to suffer psychologically, and leaving a mess that someone has to clean up, not to mention to loss of income for the business owner. Nope, not selfish at all.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe suicide isn't selfish, but it's inconsiderate as hell to kill yourself in a grotesque manner, causing others to suffer psychologically, and leaving a mess that someone has to clean up, not to mention to loss of income for the business owner. Nope, not selfish at all.

Yeah, that's something I said I'd never do if I for some reason decided to off myself. I'd do it in a way that wasn't so... disturbing? Also, I just realized business for them is probably going to sink a little now. Especially with the name of their range... damn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom