Shooting buddie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's MY shooting buddy! :naughty:

www.gunnuts.net_wp_content_uploads_2015_12_girls_with_guns_garbage_fire_728x1024.jpg

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How far is the drive from Quail Springs mall to Chandler?

Not that far. Jump on KP Turnpike over to Turner TP and Chandler is about 15-20 minutes. I'd bet 30 minutes total BUT don't hold me to it... might take you half the time at the lights at Memorial [emoji6]= Disclaimer = + or - 15 minutes.... (don't know location by Chandler)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She is guarding a a shopping cart with scrap iron.. must be on her way to the recycle yard so she can buy some new fingernails as the 2 middle ones have out grew their welcome.

Austin Clark

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
How far is the drive from Quail Springs mall to Chandler?
I actually live right by quail springs mall. It's about 40 mins from the time I step out of my front door. Seems less to me but I've made the trip so many times. I've got about 80 acres there. I'm wanting to make myself a little shooting range. I just need to save some money up and get some steel targets and what not. Maybe take out a few trees to make a long range lane. I just enjoy walking around and being in the wilderness but it's starting to get old, so I'm gonna have to set it up better for shooting.

Last edited:

Austin Clark

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you guys do to add a little spark to your shooting? I haven't been into this whole thing a long time but I've been going a lot this last year and it seems like the paper targets just don't get me excited like they used to anymore. I've also been buying a lot of new guns/ ammo/ magazines/ and all of that but after I got what I needed and settled down, I've found that I need to do something different. That's why I want to buy some steel.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you guys do to add a little spark to your shooting? I haven't been into this whole thing a long time but I've been going a lot this last year and it seems like the paper targets just don't get me excited like they used to anymore. I've also been buying a lot of new guns/ ammo/ magazines/ and all of that but after I got what I needed and settled down, I've found that I need to do something different. That's why I want to buy some steel.
If you have 80 acres in the timber, make a jungle run. Usually about 100-150 yds through the woods with targets scattered in the timber. Use a timer for a start, and take off running down the trail shooting the targets. It can be a combination of paper or steel, using a pistol or rifle. Or, if you want the most fun, its a jungle run with a shotgun. Use reactive targets like clay pigeons in the fork of tree's, and 12" lengths of thin walled steel pipe put on stakes in the ground with a little platform welded on top to stand the pipe on. (pipe has to be shot and knocked off the platform to count) Some plastic water line pipe works great as well if you can find some.
Have some buddies out and compete against the timer to see who is the fastest down the run. Add some targets that are hidden unless you move to another position, and see them. Force the shooter to shoot from one knee or prone, jumping up to move to the next set of targets.
That's my favorite style of blasting and having fun. At the end, your out of breath and the Adrenalin is pumping through you at max rate. Something about that beep of the timer really gets blood flowing.

You can also start shooting USPSA competition matches where shooters use pistols in a run and gun course against a timer to see who is the fastest.
Its a combination of steel and paper shot on the run. The OKC Gun Club is your nearest match and have the USPSA matches on the 1st Saturday of every month, with a Steel Challenge match shot on the 3rd Saturday of each month.
I recommend shooting the steel challenge style match first if your interested in competition. It can be shot with .22 rimfire rifle or pistol, centerfire pistol, or PCC which is a pistol caliber carbine rifle.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're spot on with steel. It might not seem like a big deal but the extra feedback from the steel really changes the experience. Reactive and moving targets are also fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom