Shooting in Canada

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked and was surprised to find that nobody had posted this yet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ding-child-injured-mass-shooting-Toronto.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two people have died and another 13 are in hospital after a gunman dressed all in black opened fire in central Toronto on Sunday night.

Police said a 10-year-old girl from the GTA area and an 18-year-old woman from Toronto were killed in the attack, but are yet to release their names. The gunman was also from Toronto.

Police Chief Mark Saunders told reporters the remaining victims are aged 10-59, and their injuries range from minor to serious in nature, with homicide detective Sargent Terry Browne saying some may have 'life-altering' wounds.

The gunman, 29, was also shot dead after getting into a firefight with officers. Police have not released his identity due to an investigation by the Special Investigation Unit, and have given no indication of what his motive might be.

The mass shooting began around 10pm near the intersection of Danforth and Chester Avenues in the popular Greektown neighborhood while the street was bustling with diners.

A cellphone video shot from a window overlook the street shows the gunman walk up to a restaurant window, pull out a handgun, and fire several shots through the glass.

4E812C9900000578-5981095-Surveillance_footage_from_the_scene_appeared_to_capture_the_shoo-a-85_1532324460187.jpg

A 29-year-old man walked through a busy restaurant district in Toronto on Sunday night, shooting pedestrians and firing his gun into restaurants

4E81314900000578-5981095-image-a-80_1532324459933.jpg

4E812C9D00000578-5981095-Suddenly_he_turned_as_he_passed_by_what_appeared_to_be_a_store_o-a-89_1532325539086.jpg

Surveillance footage from the scene appeared to capture the shooter, in a black hoodie, walking down the street during the mass shooting in Toronto on Sunday evening. Suddenly he turned as he passed by what appeared to be a store or restaurant front, whipped out his gun and opened fire

4E811BB700000578-5981095-One_person_was_killed_and_at_least_nine_others_were_injured_afte-a-1_1532329905407.jpg

Two people were killed and at least nine others were injured after the gunman opened fire in Toronto. A nine-year-old girl was left in a critical condition (pictured: police react to the shooting)

4E811BB300000578-5981095-Fire_and_ambulance_crews_loaded_the_victims_into_ambulances_and_-a-71_1532324459562.jpg

Fire and ambulance crews loaded the victims into ambulances and rushed them to local trauma centers

4E81891700000578-5981095-image-a-4_1532332598906.jpg

Pictured: A man with a wound to his leg is taken away by paramedics following the shooting on Toronto's Danforth Avenue

4E818A6600000578-5981095-image-a-24_1532332696659.jpg

Police said 13 people were wounded, including an eight or nine-year-old girl in critical condition, and one young woman killed after the Sunday night shooting, as well as another, unidentified, person

Three gunshots were heard before the person filming ducked to safety and stopped recording.

The gunman shot at least 14 people. A young woman died in hospital on Sunday night after succumbing to her injuries. Several other victims reportedly suffered 'significant injuries'.

A young girl, 9, was taken to a pediatric trauma center and is in a critical condition, police said, while six more of his victims were rushed to a trauma center. At least two others were taken to hospital.

The nine-year-old girl was taken to Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children, CBC reported, while four more victims were taken to St. Michael's Hospital and three others to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center.

Officers revealed the second victim had died in the early hours of Monday morning.

Mark Saunders, Toronto Police Chief, confirmed the suspect was killed in 'an exchange of gunfire' with the police and pronounced dead at the scene.

He said police are still looking for a motive behind the shooting.

'We're living in a different world now. When you look at the global issues, when you look at motivations for doing these things, and you know that urban cities are much more vulnerable to these.'

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But this can't happen in Canada!

I posted this on another gun forum in WA:
"I can say one good thing for Canada is the one law for the whole country. Here in the states just crossing a county line can get you in trouble. WA no, but look at what Seattle is trying to do. Every time I travel I have to do research for each state I go through. My trip to OK had me a little nervous about the various state laws. I have a WA/OR/UT CPL, but since I was in the process of moving what was still accepted? Very confusing. I still have my house in WA, but they would not allow me to get an OK state ID. I ended up having to get an OK drivers license."

https://www.waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=92789

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting quote from the Toronto Police Chief, who by the way, does not make a good impression before television cameras. Incidentally, aren't all cities "urban" by definition?

The shooter appears to be a man with a history of troubled behavior and a family who has sought many time (unsuccessfully) to find effective treatment for his issues. Even if the shooter says he was motivated by ISIS propaganda, it may be hard to sort the rational actor from the mentally troubled young man. I have not seen discussion on how he obtained the gun.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting quote from the Toronto Police Chief, who by the way, does not make a good impression before television cameras. Incidentally, aren't all cities "urban" by definition?

The shooter appears to be a man with a history of troubled behavior and a family who has sought many time (unsuccessfully) to find effective treatment for his issues. Even if the shooter says he was motivated by ISIS propaganda, it may be hard to sort the rational actor from the mentally troubled young man. I have not seen discussion on how he obtained the gun.

By their very definition, ISIS only recruits people with mental issues. Anyone with a clear mind would never identify with ISIS.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have very strict gun laws in Canada, a US citizen cannot enter the country with a handgun even theough they are enroute to Alaska as I understand it the last time I checked.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have very strict gun laws in Canada, a US citizen cannot enter the country with a handgun even theough they are enroute to Alaska as I understand it the last time I checked.

Allegedly you can get a transit permit to transport a revolver with a barrel length of at least 6 inches. I'm not gonna try. I ship my handguns on Alaska Airlines as airfreight.

On my last trip I had 500 rounds of ammo in my truck and they held me up for three hours. The Canadian Customs officer said it was excessive even though their own rules set a 5000 round maximum and I had printed it out. Finally a supervisor came out and without explanation or apology said I was free to proceed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom