Shooting in Red River, NM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3 dead, 5 injured. Not a lot of details out there yet.
We made the rally four or so years ago. Never felt like we were in any danger. There were cops on every street corner.

LittleLoggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in RR about 100’ from where it happened. Was so many people I didn’t see much but heard lots of gun shots. Seen a lot of the aftermath of a couple guys be loaded into ambulances. Really surprised only MC members were shot. I don’t think it’s going to be good for anyone on a motorcycle this summer after seeing the police press conference. They mentioned OKC, Texas and other areas.

LittleLoggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_2574.jpeg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really hate to say it but a high percentage of the time you might need a gun you usually put yourself into a higher risk situation like a bar, a bad area of town, or a biker ralley. Just sayin.

That statement right there ought to be "isolated" and put on OSA as a "Sticky."

Everyone talks about how "unsafe" they feel without their favorite firearm. I have a CC permit but have rarely carried, mainly because I stay away from "sketchy" places.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really hate to say it but a high percentage of the time you might need a gun you usually put yourself into a higher risk situation like a bar, a bad area of town, or a biker ralley. Just sayin.
I totally agree, situational awareness is your best defense. If you feel uncomfortable about your surroundings it's time to leave.

My previous post was mostly sarcasm, I have never felt unsafe in RR or many places that I venture. But I had one thing driven into my head by a firearms instructor years ago and still live by. A handgun is only to defend yourself till you get to a bigger gun (long gun).

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That statement right there ought to be "isolated" and put on OSA as a "Sticky."

Everyone talks about how "unsafe" they feel without their favorite firearm. I have a CC permit but have rarely carried, mainly because I stay away from "sketchy" places.
2 times I need a gun, just after getting home from work and the gas station. Neither places I’d consider sketchy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom