Shooting in Red River, NM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I really hate to say it but a high percentage of the time you might need a gun you usually put yourself into a higher risk situation like a bar, a bad area of town, or a biker ralley. Just sayin.

How about… Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I totally agree, situational awareness is your best defense. If you feel uncomfortable about your surroundings it's time to leave.

My previous post was mostly sarcasm, I have never felt unsafe in RR or many places that I venture. But I had one thing driven into my head by a firearms instructor years ago and still live by. A handgun is only to defend yourself till you get to a bigger gun (long gun).
The thing they taught me as an LEO is there will always be a gun in every situation I will encounter, MINE. I am the most reasonable and responsible person in the room because I brought a gun. That is the way I look at it now when I am out and about.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing they taught me as an LEO is there will always be a gun in every situation I will encounter, MINE. I am the most reasonable and responsible person in the room because I brought a gun. That is the way I look at it now when I am out and about.

Every call is a "man with a gun". Because when you get there, there is a man with a gun there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom