Shooting in Red River, NM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That statement right there ought to be "isolated" and put on OSA as a "Sticky."

Everyone talks about how "unsafe" they feel without their favorite firearm. I have a CC permit but have rarely carried, mainly because I stay away from "sketchy" places.
You report you and the wife like to walk shopping malls.
Those have been big time areas for mass shootings.
I hope you were carrying.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems to me medical facilities and the areas around them are getting pretty sketchy anymore.
Exactly why I ignore no gun signs in a hospital or medical clinic.
Mostly women in there as nurses or staff. Jealous husbands wanting to do a shoot up in those facilities certainly weighs on my mind.
The shooting in the hospital in Tulsa one year ago today cements that decision in my mind.
They can ask me to leave, and I will with no argument if they discover my firearm.
I can find health care elsewhere.
When I had to get an MRI a few years back, didn't' remove my firearm with a brain fart in the parking lot.
Tech kind of laughed and said to just put it with my clothes as that happens all the time.
LEO comes in all the time with firearms and they do the same.
No firearm signs are an insurance issue.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mostly women in there as nurses or staff. Jealous husbands wanting to do a shoot up in those facilities certainly weighs on my mind.
The shooting in the hospital in Tulsa one year ago today cements that decision in my mind.
They can ask me to leave, and I will with no argument if they discover my firearm.
When I had to get an MRI a few years back, didn't' remove my firearm with a brain fart in the parking lot.
Tech kind of laughed and said to just put it with my clothes as that happens all the time.
Right after Oklahoma passed CC I was entering the hospital my wife works at. The Hospital Administrator was walking in as I approached the door and noticed their new "No Firearms" sign. I said "Dang it, I guess I will take it back to my truck". She looked at me and said " That sign doesn't apply to you" and " I know your wife carry's also and it doesn't hurt to have people proficient with firearms on the premises".

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My doctors that I have to see on a regular basis know I carry. Each one of them knew it as soon as they asked me to take off my shirt. All of them we're cool with it after we had a good discussion about the 2A. My PCP retired during the covid crisis and I had to find another during that time. Took me 2 tries to find one that was agreeable and he was a little hesitant even after explaining to him my stance on my right to carry. So then it popped in my head to tell him to just think of it like a covid mask that the government and even you want us to wear to protect ourselves and others from harm. It's my 2A covid mask if you will. He said well, you got me there. I had found my new PCP then.

Last edited:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Told y’all. We can’t have nice things because of dickheads and thugs.

1% MC clubs should be eradicated. No different than MS-13. Drug dealers and murderers. POS. What are those people missing in their sorry assed lives that makes them want to live that existence?

Dregs. Change my mind.

Some people just want to belong to something. Sometimes the people that join a club never had a family growing up and this is a way for them to have a family.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some people just want to belong to something. Sometimes the people that join a club never had a family growing up and this is a way for them to have a family.
Some of the biker organizations are fronts for running drugs and maybe worse, but overall bikers are pretty law abiding citizens. The American Legion riders are veterans that ride together, put on charity events like poker runs and so on. As was said, it only takes a few to ruin a great rally where all but 4 of the 20,000 were law abiding attendees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom