Shooting mat help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight92

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can not decide between the following shooting mats, they will primarily be used for Appleseed at USSA. I like them but for whatever reason can not find a lot of reviews about any of them could you all fine folks help me out?
Here are the three:
Eberlestock Padded Magic Carpet Shooting Mat A2SM

Voodoo Tactical Roll Up Padded Shooting Mat

VISM by NcStar Folding Shooting Mat

If any one has any other ideas to throw in the mix please do. Two requirements though, it must be waterproof and have padding.

Thanks for your input and help

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GC and I have the ones in the middle. They work great; are pretty comfortable, the pockets at the top are handy. I don't know the technical term for the stitching down the mat but it creates these ridges give you something to set your boot against to support your leg that is cocked when you are shooting prone. GC wouldn't know this but they are VERY easy to clean. Sand and dirt brushes right off. I spilled Diet Coke on mine and it came right out with a little dishwashing liquid and a spray from the garden hose when I got home after sitting in the hot sun all day -- no stain.

Hope that helps a little.

Oh. One last thing. Look around before you buy. We got ours at a deeply discounted price from CTD -- granted it was a LONG time ago. But still, I would think you should still be able to find it for $20 or $30 bucks off somewhere else ...

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an extra thick foam military surplus mat if you want?....I bought the midway competition mat for like $50. Thing is very well built and have used it for various classes and range time and works perfectly.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the midway mats as mentioned. They have too different sizes. The big one is huge and is too much. The smaller one is just right. The large would be good if you were shooting in tall grass and wanted to lay it down around you.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of the three listed, I like the one by Voodoo Tactical. Way back in the days of my high power rifle competition days (early 80's) I was issued one that was a canvas like material with a rubber pad covering about 1/4 of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom