Shooting the 6.5 Grendel tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not bought one yet was hoping you could sing its praises and get me off the fence and go spend some money LOL!!:cool:
I love spending other peoples money. I got a heck of a deal on a complete upper from bc but I've not had the chance to really work on it. Barrel is not really broke in fully but it will be soon.
Since I'm using the H335 and can't find the 123 grain bullet, I'll start with 26.3 and move up 2 gr until I get to 27.5. I'll make sure my oal is good and going to record all my data to see where the least sd starts and ends. Accuracy should be in that spot as well. Can't expect to get high velocity without putting some pressure I don't want so I'll be staying within SAAMI and looking at any signs of pressure marks on the brass. If I can get a good SD and around 2300 fps. That will close out the testing with the H335 and I'll test one other powder. This until I can find some 123 gr, ammo or maybe 129 but haven't seen any 129.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have some CCI 450 primers I would try them also.
In my .223 the 450 primers and H4895 was the best.
And one big factor was when temps changed from 20 degrees to 90+ outside the loads with the 450 primers grouped the same.

I also loaded 8208 into the .223 to test primer cup strength and the 450 cup was much stronger.
Not that you are going to load until the primer fails.
I do not even use the 400's any more.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steelfingers- what are your thoughts on the bear creek upper so far?
I'm having some mixed emotions about it. I've been away and not been able to finish my load testing. I like it but I don't get good groups. I'm reloading so I can't blame it on the ammo.
I'm not giving up on it. I think it's very touchy about it's Powder and Bullet's. I'm trying some new powder and a heavier bullet. Getting the ballistics through my Cabella. I'll get it figured out. Now my results are from my barrel ....etc.
Can't really shoot with my right shoulder because of the stitches.