Shooting USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I record the program that comes on weekly on the outdoor channel with direct TV.
Steel challenge shooting and a historical piece about the Arisaka on tonight.
I absolutely love shooting steel challenge. It's like drag racing with guns. Pistol or rifle.
A couple of us on this forum shot the world championships held in Tulsa at USSA a few years back. I was on the squad of the first place finisher. He was amazing fast.
Also have a 7.7 Jap action I bought at a farm auction that was sporterized with a hand engraved Bishop stock, turned down bolt handle, drilled and tapped for a scope with a new barrel in .300 Savage. The .300 Savage was considered to be a wildcat round back in the day when it came out.
The military dismissed it and developed the .308 which has identical velocity and charistics.
Had to be some politics involved there I assume.
Great program with classic firearms and modern shooting sports to watch.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
19 year old just set the world record at 1.11 seconds using a rifle on Smoke and Hope at 1.11 seconds. I’ve been the range officer holding the timer with a 1.8 time, but that’s nowhere near this kid.
For those that don’t know. That’s 5 steel targets in a semi circle with the final shot being the 10” center target that must be shot last.
That’s smokin!

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
19 year old just set the world record at 1.11 seconds using a rifle on Smoke and Hope at 1.11 seconds. I’ve been the range officer holding the timer with a 1.8 time, but that’s nowhere near this kid.
For those that don’t know. That’s 5 steel targets in a semi circle with the final shot being the 10” center target that must be shot last.
That’s smokin!
I saw that this evening as well, and right then decided that I'd never attempt to shoot steel challenge competitively! Maybe for fun, but I've got nothing on those young shooters with their video game reflexes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom