Shooting With Me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These are old pictures (a friend took them) of my range just north of Medford. If anyone wants to come and shoot with me, shoot me a PM.

The berm is a bit higher than it looks in these photos and it has been gravelled over. BTW, I am likely going to add to the height of the berm, but it should be fine if a shooter is careful.

Anyway, like I say, if interested, PM me.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well any other year and I'd be glad to shoot there but I gave up my medford deer lease this year so it doesn't look like I'll be out there this season. I'm trying to find more land out there so if something changes I'll be sure to look you up.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking advantage of the weather, I went shooting today, and this time I took two of the IDPA paper men and tried to set up semi-realistic scenarios. I had previously been using one paper man at a time, but since it was pointed that the bad guys frequently work in pairs I thought it might be more challenging to face two 'adversaries' at a time.

The bore and chambers of the S&W 681 wheelgun are soaking in Hoppe's as I type this, and 90 rounds went into the targets. It was fun, but one thing I have to keep in mind is 'smooth is fast'. All drawing and shooting was done from concealment and all 90 rounds went into the targets. One time, I tried to go too fast and flubbed the draw, so after that I reminded myself about smoothness in the initial presentation. In any event all 90 rounds found their mark, and would have been definite kills.

I'm going to remind you that if you are new to CC, (or OC) you work on your initial presentation with an unloaded gun. Unintended discharges are easy to do, and that is the one thing to be avoided. The best way to avoid UD's is get some good instruction, and don't try to go for blinding speed. The late George C. Nonte had some good advice here. It was to reach for your handgun at about the same speed that you would reach for your handkerchief. or pen or anything else out of your pockets.

BTW pizza boxes are the right size to clip on the IDPA targets, so since I don't do head shots, I figured out that this might be a good way of 'recycling' them.

Have fun and be safe.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since the re-launch (if I might use that term) of the site just happened, I thought I'd revive this thread and remind you that the invitation is still there. I was just out there day before yesterday, and it was fun. In fact, I was out shooting twice this week, once with a CZ 527 in 7.62 X 39 and the other was with my S&W Model 625 wheelgun in 45ACP.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the re-launch (if I might use that term) of the site just happened, I thought I'd revive this thread and remind you that the invitation is still there. I was just out there day before yesterday, and it was fun. In fact, I was out shooting twice this week, once with a CZ 527 in 7.62 X 39 and the other was with my S&W Model 625 wheelgun in 45ACP.
I want a 527 so bad. Looks like a nice deer gun!

Latest posts

Top Bottom