Shooting Yesterday in Chicago

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That strict gun control is really working out for them.
Their answer to that is that Chicago's gun laws are being circumvented by lax gun laws in other states (they used to blame Indiana) and therefore more federal laws are needed.

From the old IMDb chat boards, a very good answer (in red), and my response (in blue)

This is a ridiculous argument. If that is the problem then why aren't people in Indiana killing each other in greater numbers than the people in Chicago?

Obviously the problem isn't the availability of guns - it's the people themselves. We need to change the culture of violence that is in such places and start blaming the people, not the tools they use.

Excellent point, and one that I have made myself from time to time. And I'll point out as well, that the person you quoted is also making a false argument because straw buyers (that is, those who purchase guns for those barred from having them) are committing a federal crime. It is illegal to do it in Indiana, just as it is illegal to do it in Chicago.

YOURS TRULY
ANOTHER POSTER

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom