Shop Cooling - What do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Gunshop was cooled with a Sears big window unit mounted in the wall with 2 ceiling fans to move the air around.
Shop was 25x55 Lasted 25 years there. when we put in central H&A , I took it and put in the wall of a rent house where it lasted another 5 years.
I don't think they make that quality anymore.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Gunshop was cooled with a Sears big window unit mounted in the wall with 2 ceiling fans to move the air around.
Shop was 25x55 Lasted 25 years there. when we put in central H&A , I took it and put in the wall of a rent house where it lasted another 5 years.
I don't think they make that quality anymore.
One that old cost twice in electricity than what the new AC units do to accomplish the same job though.

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is another vote for split-mini. The unit cost more than a window unit, but at $8 or less per month for electricity it won't take long to pay for itself. I wish I had done this years ago. I know someone who just completed a new house and they use several split minis to heat and cool the entire house. The comfort and operating cost is proving that to be a wise choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom