Shop Gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, been thinking about this a bit lately. When I'm out working around my property I normally have either my G19 or Shield 9 on my hip. Not that I feel unsafe or anything but I carry it for various reasons. Snakes, neighbors have also told us there can be occasionally "wild" dogs than roam and can wreak havoc on livestock or harrass pets. And, of late, our two boxers, male and female, from the same litter have gotten into some viscious fights when I've gotten home from work. We think this is due to jealousy of the female. I've done my best to get them apart and have just about killed myself kicking and punching the dogs to get them apart. Finally Ive found that firing off several rounds near them into the ground works to immediately to stop the fight. Happened about 5 times in the last 3 months. Yes, it's some weird chit we are trying to work out with the dogs.

My question is, do any of you keep a firearm in your shop. I spend a lot of time in there on the weekends and was thinking of getting an inexpensive/used shotgun to keep somewhere in my shop. It's 30x40 shop building with all my tools, equipment and other gear inside. I would find a place that has convenient access but still not out in the open. Many seem to have their EDC gun, truck gun but who has a shop gun? Or am I just being rediculous?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, hell yes.
I have three outbuildings, each with a shop gun or two. Typically a .22 RF rifle by the door for varmints and a CF pistol stashed somewhere inside.
There is always a pocket pistol in possession, so the options go up to three.
Living in the sticks, there is always the possibility that someone may wander onto the property by design or by accident and want to cause some issues.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My situation is a little different in that I live in my barn, so the shop part is literally just outside the house door. I used to leave a stainless Marlin 30/30 in an overhead gun rack on my Ranger which was inside the shop, but even with good insulation after a while even the stainless started to rust. So no, I don’t keep any gun ”in” my shop, but they’re still not far and can be accessed quickly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom