Shorten AR barrel & Form 1 & 4's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so to be clear if i bought a complete upper say in 10.5 and i already own a 16 " AR just possession of the lets say "pistol upper" that can be considered constructive possession?

If you do not have an SBR lower or Pistol Lower to put it on, but you do have a rifle lower (the one your 16" upper is on now) then yes, you are in possesion of an unregisterd SBR as you have all of the parts to assemble one and no legal use for the short upper (the SBR or pistol lower). If you had the short upper and no lowers you would be fine.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought since we were in the NFA forum we were still talking NFA, sorry.

Hey, No sorry needed. words placed on the site are so informally written and quickly read they could be interpreted lots of ways. I'm also a victim of this. I try not to contradict what anyone says here unless I feel what they say could have legal consequences. I had a brain fart while eating a late breakfast last week here in the NFA thread and it wasn't but an hour or so when I was corrected by Car, dustin and others. . It's great!

Latest posts

Top Bottom