Shot my first USPSA match last night...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot at the H&H USPSA match last night. My very first. It was AWESOME!!!
I came in 40th out of 46.
I feel pretty good about it since my damned legs don't cooperate and it's hard for me to get around very well. My biggest problem was transitioning between stations.

Stage 4 was the only stationary stage, so I drew and shot. I'm not too horrible at that, it's the time I have to figure out how to safely walk with my cane and get from box to box, etc. The kneeling/laying down stage was pretty comical for me.
I did pretty decent (I thought) on stages 2 (27th place)and 4 (29th place) but had a bit of a suckfest on 1 and 3.

All I can say is I'm hooked. I'm joining USPSA so that the numbers will mean something and I can continue trying to improve.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Homeboy rocked the match last night!!! I'm betting its gonna take a month for that get that smile off his face. Lol. I'm glad you guys finally made it out and welcome to the addiction.

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for you Jeff! I hurt like hell everytime I shoot, but the only way we should go downstream is belly-up. Hope you can make the some of the OKC matches.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for you Jeff! I hurt like hell everytime I shoot, but the only way we should go downstream is belly-up. Hope you can make the some of the OKC matches.
Man, I hope so. It's my newest addiciton. i shot a steel challenge yesterday morning and then the USPSA last night. I was wore smooth by the time I was done, but I'm ready to shoot again today.

It was good to see you out there last night. You did great for your first match.
You too! I was really just focusing on not dropping the pistola while moving from box to box. I did that a little too well on stage 2. Walked past two targets that were begging to be shot; I just ignored them.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeff, you are a fine example of NEVER giving up! I was truly impressed with you getting involved with the shooting sports and not letting your MS be an excuse to stop living life. There is a lesson to be learned here for many.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I shot at the H&H USPSA match last night. My very first. It was AWESOME!!!
I came in 40th out of 46.
I feel pretty good about it since my damned legs don't cooperate and it's hard for me to get around very well. My biggest problem was transitioning between stations.

Stage 4 was the only stationary stage, so I drew and shot. I'm not too horrible at that, it's the time I have to figure out how to safely walk with my cane and get from box to box, etc. The kneeling/laying down stage was pretty comical for me.
I did pretty decent (I thought) on stages 2 (27th place)and 4 (29th place) but had a bit of a suckfest on 1 and 3.

All I can say is I'm hooked. I'm joining USPSA so that the numbers will mean something and I can continue trying to improve.

Welcome to your new addiction! I am glad you had so much fun!

Did you shoot with the Rusty and Mitch show?

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to your new addiction! I am glad you had so much fun!

Did you shoot with the Rusty and Mitch show?

I did. And Mitch taught me how to properly mike a target. :D

Honestly, those guys are the best. They helped Wall and I (first match for both of us) with the run down and Mitch RO'd for me a couple of times to make sure I got through the stage ok.

Class acts.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well you beat me to it.... maybe next time we can limp out together and try it.. been wanting to but wasn't sure if i could navigate it.......

Honestly, if you're just there to have fun, you will. If you're there to win, you may be disappointed. There are some pretty damn talented folks shooting in those matches. The best part is they (everyone) will give you all the help you need to accomplish whatever you're trying to do, whether it's just having fun or winning (just don't count on it). I had a blast and am ready for the next one.

When I say they'll help you, I'm not kidding. On one stage (our first) I thought I was finished so I safetied my pistol. Mitch asked if I was done, I said yes, He asked if I was sure I was done (hint hint). I said "yeah dude, I'm done". He did everything but take my pistol & shoot the remaining targets for me. When we walked down to count hits, it all became clear. I said "oh crap, that's what he meant". He couldn't come right out and say "hey dummy, you didn't shoot all of the targets yet", but he dang sure tried to help. Mitch if you're reading this, THANKS BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!! Rusty, I really appreciate all of your help & advice as well. I know the reason you guys are so happy for us to come out, we stink it up so bad, you guys look like pro's, LOL!!!!!! Thanks Guys, we'll definately see you at the next one, if not sooner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom