Shot Placement on Actual Shooting Victims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So after a brief search, looks like 115,000 firearm injuries/yr in the US, & 1400/ yr in OK. So, 25 yrs x 115k is…. Don’t have my phone calculator handy😁,… but it’s a small sample.

Regardless, It’s an interesting question, but I doubt there is a lot of research on it. Maybe the NRA or a similar organization might have something. My personal opinion, which means nothing, is trigger jerking while under stress by a right handed shooter pulls the aim down & to the left, assuming the aim is center mass.

Last edited:

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Little off subject but I had an electrician get electrocuted on one of my construction projects When I found him he was as stiff as a board, it was at least another 10 minutes before fire and ambulance showed up. They started compressions as soon as they got unloaded and did so for at least 15 minutes before they loaded him in ambulance and were still doing compressions as they drove out the drive. I told them he was dead but they wouldn't believe me.
Only in rare circumstances can EMS declare someone dead. IIRC the 3Ds, Decapitation, Dismemberment, Decomposition. Otherwise the patient is alive unto a doctor declares them dead.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neighbor across the street died earlier in the day sometime while his wife was at work. The wife came out, after she got home from a 12 hour shift, screaming so my dad went in, he was volunteer fireman, the 911 operator was getting onto him because he wouldn’t perform cpr. He just kept telling them , there is no point, he’s dead, stiff, and room temp. The 911 operator kept on him about refusing to give cpr until the cops arrived and they refused to give cpr too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom