Shot some 40 and 45 reduced loads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went mowing and tree cutting yesterday and got a chance to shoot my lightened HI-Point 40 and 45 handguns.
I ran 2.7 gr and 3.0 gr of Bullseye powder and soft cast powder coated 180 gr bullet in the 40.

Cycled and hit perfect.
I ran the same Bullseye powder and same 2.7 and 3.0 gr load in the 45 acp but with soft cast powder coated 200 gr bullets.
Cycled and hit just fine.
Real fun to shoot.
I did recover a couple bullets that hit the steel tank we shoot at.

I did not check velocity just function and recoil is what I went for.

I was shooting the 3.0 gr 40 load and got a pain in my right shoulder like a nerve pinch or twinge.
I shot again and it was a sharp nerve sting again and I pulled the trigger a 3rd time and it did it again and I thought BS
something is biting me.
I reached around and swatted and smeared whatever it was on my shoulder. Looked like a red and black ant bigger than those red Army ants.
Little bugger hit me the same time I pulled the trigger :)

Recovered 45's are the 2 left ones and the 40 is on the right.

003.JPG
004.JPG

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of ants… I got bit 8 times the other day on my neck by ONE single big ol red fire ant. Left side of my head started aching.
Speaking of heads aching…when I was up a few weeks ago picking mulberries, I climbed an old deer stand that a mulberry tree had grown into, and when I was almost at the top of the ladder, I had a couple red wasps do a “drive by” and hit me behind my right ear. I think I missed most of the steps on the ladder in an effort to get back to the ground.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of heads aching…when I was up a few weeks ago picking mulberries, I climbed an old deer stand that a mulberry tree had grown into, and when I was almost at the top of the ladder, I had a couple red wasps do a “drive by” and hit me behind my right ear. I think I missed most of the steps on the ladder in an effort to get back to the ground.

Evil sunsabitches

Latest posts

Top Bottom