Shotgun Cards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m shopping for Velcro backed shotgun cards and wanted to get some advice. ESSTac has them in 4, 5, 6, or 7 round capacities. I look at that and think “might as well have the highest capacity that will fit on the side of the receiver.” From my measurement, a 7-round card will (just barely) fit on an 870 receiver.

But I only exclusively see 5 or 6-round cards or side saddles in use. So that has me wondering, is there something I’m not considering that makes covering the whole receiver with a 7-round card a bad idea? Or does no one run them because they’re just not as common?

Any advice?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 7 Rd Cards just feel too bulky to me; the 5 Rd cards seem to be more "out of the way". If I need to empty the tube and do a quick reload, and I need more than 5 more shells, I'm probably in the wrong place at the wrong time. 5 Rd cards are a check of a lot lighter too; as mentioned, you might find that the 7 Rd cards tend to pull away some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom