Shotgun fitting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttt

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there anyone around OK who can do a thorough shotgun stock fitting & meaurements? I have read online about Champlains in Enid & Michael Murphy’s in Wichita. The information may not be up to date though. Any recommendation would be cery appreciated.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fitting for hunting or trap and skeet ? There's a difference.
For fair weather trap and skeet any clothes will do.
For hunting bring the heaviest coat you will ever wear into the field or duck blind.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been shooting shotguns for over 50 years.

I think you boys are overthinking this deal.
Body shape and size can upset mounting and sighting. How the gun mounts to the shoulder is critical and can make consistent hits difficult or recoil uncomfortable, if you do not fall into the realm of compromise used by stock makers.

I have never needed any fitting. I have a couple of friends that benefited greatly from having an expert adjust their fit.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Body shape and size can upset mounting and sighting. How the gun mounts to the shoulder is critical and can make consistent hits difficult or recoil uncomfortable, if you do not fall into the realm of compromise used by stock makers.

I have never needed any fitting. I have a couple of friends that benefited greatly from having an expert adjust their fit.

I guess what ever draws feathers.

ttt

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some folks are lucky that off the rack guns fit them well. I have one 30 year old o/u and one 20 ga semi like that. I have not found a more modern gun that fits me that well, despite using shims & such.

Latest posts

Top Bottom