Shotgun Fletchette Recipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I am thinking of ordering some. I found a place that sells them for $8/pound, and that is supposed to be around 900 fletchettes, or a 10# box for $50, and I think it is around $12 shipping. Do you want some if I order them?

If you order some I could do a pound of 'em for S&G. Any idea how many you could put in a 2-3/4" 12 guage round?

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what the inside of the barrels are going go look like after they've gone through.

Not sure, I thought about that too. I have a smooth bore 18" barrel that was cut down that I am going to try them in first. Don't think I want to shoot them in anything with a choke right now until I know.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what the inside of the barrels are going go look like after they've gone through.

If I wanted to shoot these I would use heavy wads designed for steel shot. I still wouldn't shoot them in a gun I valued much.

I think the main purpose of thise things is to produce wounded enemies who will soak up resources. In swarms like a beehive round produces, they are likely to be deadly, but in shotgun quantities they shouldn't produce much knockdown. Any deaths are likely to be delayed long enough for the shootee to return the favor.

They do look evil. CB

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, that is what I was wondering on the wads. I have never reloaded shotgun shells before. I have an old 870 that has a smooth bore, no choke, or screw in chokes that I was going to shoot it out of.

Not looking to go to war, it just looks fun!! :woohoo1: I ordered some and will try to find a way to load some, and post some range reports. It would be a cool way to go rabbit hunting, huh? :cannon::rotflmao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom